•  
Advertise here

Honking in Dubai

Barry

What is this all about? Where I come from if you honk your horn and it's not an emergency situation, you can get fined. Here it's completely different though. People honk for every single reason. If you don't start moving the very millisecond the light turns green, they honk. If there is a queue of traffic, the guy at the very back will start honking as if it's actually going to have the effect of moving the car ten cars ahead. If you dare to slow down to turn down a side street, people start honking at you. I find taxi drivers are the worst. They just have no manners or consideration for others. I live near a hotel and it doesn't matter if its 3 or 4 in the morning, they will start honking. And it's not like it's one honk just to let someone know they are there, they need to hold the horn button for thirty seconds. On Thursday night around 2 AM, I counted 37 honks in the space of 2 minutes. They have no consideration for anyone trying to sleep, families who might have kids etc. It really gets up my ass.

Those extreme honking as you mentioned near the hotel is really bad and should be fined. I agree.

For others, people here are inconsiderate to slow down the traffic flow for no reason and get honked. Guy driving damn confuse of taking the exit or not will slow down and call someone or check GPS at the the turning will def slow down whole ten cars behind him. Another example of dirt bags driving in fastest lane at 80 in front of cars that wish to go at 120, I literally HONKED at such ass holes as they have no respect and no lane driving discipline. If you want to drive at 80 go to right most lane and not left.

There is a fine on excessive honking and if cops spot them I think they will be fined for 200 AED.

Cars My passion :mrgreen:  :ugeek:

If you like my above post, please press Like / Thanks on right side to help me increase my rating