•  
Advertise here

New traffic fines radar system in Dubai

nutbolt

I have been seeing this new traffic fines radar at few places already and wondering what's new in this version of radar?

Just came across this insane video of explaining what this traffic radar is capable of and how it will soon change the traffic violations in Dubai in near future.

Comment from video: deployed all around Dubai now. So guy's be good and responsible driver now :-)

Good move by Dubai authorities +100000000

Awesome news man, my personal favorite is @ 1:35, use of hard shoulder when in traffic. Very common here and authorities need to raise this fine by 10X to eliminate it.

• 2 weeks later...

These cameras will change the way we drive in Dubai man, they record almost everything inside the car cabin.

Discussions are going on to record the distracted driver and issue a ticket for that:

• Doing make-up while driving
  • Eating sandwich while driving
  • Adjusting Ghutra (head-gear)
  • Taking on phone or texting (even lol)
  • Watching movie while driving
  • Rubber neck on accident spots
  • Queue jumpers
  • Hard shoulder riders
  • Sleepy or Drowsy driver showing lack of concentration.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone got any fine for these weird suggestions like a school punishment (finger on your lips) or it's still in proposal stage. Every time I pass these new bugger now I even sit straight rather than bend down relaxed posture.

It's all fair and good have these "revenue making" schemes but it does not actually address the ma problem that is arrogant tossers in there high powered vehicles who have no idea of safe driving and think they are, and in many cases they are above the law. The accident statistics are terrible, it's education that is required but as they say "you can't educate pork".... Take away their licenses and ban them using the same methods as the majority of the world uses. Mind you it's a new shiny bit of kit which suits the Dubai mindset who cares about the accidents eh!

Edited by heslopk

I kind of agree with @heslopk but my concern is that any thing launched or issued for road safety and fines and all need to be publicly announced loud and clear like on gulf news main page, sms marketing or online advertising rather than leaving the resident clueless of what this radar will capture than just living on the hearsay information circulating on the online forums.

this my first post hi everybody! thanks for the information i was wondering what is the purpose of this system but it shall be effective if it is installed every 100 meter!!! i know it is impossible and what about the traffic jam i think the system shall exploded  because of the repetitive capturing ha ha ha, 

for people who talk about the road violation or respecting the law you are correct but me my self i see daily people whom think that they are respecting the law don't give the road its wright slow speed the same like high speed has the same hazard and cause more accident at least who drive fast are more alert and most of cases are professional driver controlling their (exotic if any) powerful cars and know what they are doing (i am not one of them i am using the 2 nd lane ) but don't kill the traffic flow by low speed like 100km on the 2nd lane from the left and till me the speed limit is 120. no just  use the 120 if the road is clear otherwise go with trucks lane, just every one use the speed limit that is ok also the most left lane should be left for the overtaking not for fixed 120 and i say if i am within the speed limit how i gave way to people who want to exceed.

regarding the car capability all the cars designed to reach the speedometer limit its not exotic or economy puplic car issue.