•  
Advertise here

Why is my Ford Escape stalling all the time?

Hana

Good day!

I have a 2011 Ford Escape (3.0L V6) that is driving me crazy. It keeps on stalling when I slow down to stop, and no mechanic has so far been able to find and fix the problem.

The strange thing is that sometimes it does not switch off- it goes into limp mode, and when that happens, I must switch it off and hope it starts again. Sometimes it starts and sometimes it does not- when it doesn’t, I have to wait for it to cool down before it will start.

Another funny thing is that there are sometimes no fault codes. At other times, the fault code(s) say that the throttle body’s range/performance is out of spec, and the only thing the mechanics do is replace the throttle body which up to now, has made no difference. After nearly a year of this problem, I now have a box full of throttle bodies, so clearly the throttle body is not the problem.

Has anyone here had this problem with a Ford Escape? I would like to get rid of this piece of rubbish, but I can’t do that the way it is now, so any advice would be greatly appreciated!