•  
Advertise here

Best offroad truck for UAE desert

Hey guys, I know it's a car forum but I am wondering if any of you have a special preference for capable offroad truck for dubai and UAE desert?

I want to know the pros and cons to understand whihc truck is better for me for offroad driving and not for commmercial load picking up role. I want a reliable truck that can perform better than capable 4x4 cars and suv's in market and yet keep me comfortable for road drive.

I have seen ford and chevy commercials that calim to make me more of a men if I drive their truck, but I am happy to be a full or half a men as far as I get teh good and capable truck for UAE desert driving and not only to get girls attracted, you know what I mean.

off course not the most expensive type, but in reasonabvle price range would be an awesome suggestion. Thanks.

• Like (+1) 1

Ford Raptor is among the best for uae sand desert from what I have seen from a distance, as I never owned one. Second best is Toyota Tundra, really good and reliable truck with amazing offroading performance.

Either truck or 4x4 for off-road stick with Japanese or American and stay away from German brands (too much headache).

• Like (+1) 1

Best offroad truck is very varying term buddy. You need to ask yourself first whether you want crew cab, regular cab or extended cab. Crew has 4 doors and two rows of seat for 5 passengers. Regular cab has two door and seat for two passengers. Extended have extra storage space and seat for 2-3 passengers.

Reading from your choice I think you fit in crew or regular cab. Once you know this assign yourself a set budget and then start considering A/B testing on performance so that you can narrow down to 2-3 choices than 10-15 versions and then we can help and advise further. Good luck, and remember trucks loose value faster than SUV as plenty of people buy here to tug boat and that really take a heavy toll on engine and tranny.

• Like (+1) 2

TBH, Chevrolet trucks are very nice and very capable than Ford. Chevy trucks are highly under-valued here and Ford is over-rated.

Cars My passion :mrgreen:  :ugeek:

If you like my above post, please press Like / Thanks on right side to help me increase my rating

Ford Raptor is the only exception truck that hold amazing resale value in the UAE. Second is the japanese Tundra but mostly american import floating in the market. Resale is the good indicator to tell whether truck was capable and wanted by many here to identify the right pick. My two cents.

• Like (+1) 1

You have quiet limited options in truck here in UAE, I have done this drill few months back and dropped the idea to go for truck.

1. Chevrolet Silverado - 127,000 AED upwards
  2. Ford F-150 - 155,000 AED upwards
  3. Ford F-150 Raptor - 200,000 AED upwards
  4. Dodge Ram - 144,000 AED upwards
  5. GMC Sierra - 165,000 AED upwards
  6. Toyota Tundra - Not available in UAE (only import from aweer)
  7. Toyota LC Pickup - 118,000 AED upwards

These new car prices must have changed a little due to Ramadan offer, but it will be almost closer in 2-5% range.

The most capable if you ask me is the Toyota LC pickup, but if you see it you might not like to drive with so much basic and simple looking truck in this era.

If you aiming to pickup trucks I think you may consider single or double cabins 4X4 which have a wide range and most of them are very good but it's not permitted to register it for individuals it can be registered for commercial use (trade license).   

@Saleem those commercial grade pickup like hilux, ranger, navara aren't allowed for individual but recreational vehicle like raptor, silverado, sierra are very much allowed for individuals otherwise no company will send their labors in 150k + pickup. lol.

• 2 months later...