•  
Advertise here

Is a Pokemon character worth your or anyone else's life?

Yesterday, I read the news that a young motorist stops his car in the middle of Jumeirah Road to find a Pokemon character. That is insane, what we are trying to show now. For just a popular game, we are playing with our lives. I know this is the world's popular game but first we need to take care of selves rather than doing this kind of stupid things. We should take it more seriously now because many incidents are happening day by day just of this virtual character game. I think we need a special "fine" aimed at Pokemon Go players only. Maybe a little bit jail time too? 

News Source: http://gulfnews.com/news/uae/society/motorist-leaves-car-to-chase-pokemon-on-dubai-road-1.1863810

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Abdul Hanaan said:

Yesterday, I read the news that a young motorist stops his car in the middle of Jumeirah Road to find a Pokemon character. That is insane, what we are trying to show now. For just a popular game, we are playing with our lives. I know this is the world's popular game but first we need to take care of selves rather than doing this kind of stupid things. We should take it more seriously now because many incidents are happening day by day just of this virtual character game. I think we need a special "fine" aimed at Pokemon Go players only. Maybe a little bit jail time too? 

News Source: http://gulfnews.com/news/uae/society/motorist-leaves-car-to-chase-pokemon-on-dubai-road-1.1863810

i completely agree, there has to be a punishment for Pokemon Go player on the street and those driving and playing the game. in NYC a driver hit a tree on the sidewalk with his car while driving and playing the game. 

don't get me wrong, i love this game but one has to act responsibly. 

Just yesterday, a man in US opened fire on 2 teenagers in his backward think that they were burglars... those idiots were trying to catch a water pokemon in his swimming pool.

• Like (+1) 2

Absolutely right guys this Pokemon Go Picachu is becoming real pain in the ass, and there should be some legal implications for such irresponsible road users. btw is it launched in UAE yet or people are still downloading by changing their location or with those with SDK files.....?

• Like (+1) 1

Well all this rumors and incidents sounds like a marketing stunt for promoting the pokemon go by nintendo who already exceeded Sony in market value at the launch. Really Sony in market value. For 20 Billion jump I wouldn't mind creating 2000 fake stories in world that spreads like wild fire. And people are crazy when it comes on viral effect these days anyways.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jul/19/nintendo-market-value-doubles-on-pokemon-go-mania

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-07-19/nintendo-market-value-passes-sony-on-pokemon-go-frenzy-chart

http://www.bloomberg.com/api/embed/iframe?id=GmGLUc2SRdeIcsB0E0RZc

Edited by cyborg
  • Like (+1) 1

How do you get 100 Pikachus on a bus?

You POKEMON!

But seriously, it's getting crazy now. I've read reports of people walking along train tracks in England and people walking through minefields, I think that was in Bosnia. Maybe we should just let these people get on with it and let natural selection take its course. How are humans ever supposed to evolve it we keep saving the stupid ones to let them breed and add to the gene pool. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Technician said:

How do you get 100 Pikachus on a bus?

You POKEMON!

But seriously, it's getting crazy now. I've read reports of people walking along train tracks in England and people walking through minefields, I think that was in Bosnia. Maybe we should just let these people get on with it and let natural selection take its course. How are humans ever supposed to evolve it we keep saving the stupid ones to let them breed and add to the gene pool. 

Very true, of the all idiots once must be very stupid to do all these crazy things unless motivated for money or stupid fame. I know no one who is so stupid even the 6 year old to risk life for bloody video game. I highly doubt cyborg theory is true man, to beat sony in one day by double profit in stocks.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Abdul Hanaan said:

Thank you guys for agreeing with me but now the question is raised that how can we stop people for this stupidity things in UAE? or the UAE Government should take some strict steps?

well from here onwards we have 2 options:

1. Wait for the UAE government to take action - they are very vigilent and will hopfully have this sorted quickly 

or 

2. And here i agree with @Technician :) Let the natural selection take its course. :) as long as they are playing pokemon Go, they are not breeding, :) let's just let mother nature handle this :):):) 

• Like (+1) 1