•  
Advertise here

Toyota Land Cruiser safest tire upgrade size

Hi Guys, I recentkly purchased 2007 model toyota land cruiser and it comes with very noisy dunlop grandtrek 265 / 60 / R17 tires with almost half life and I want to change the tire to quietier ones and also slightly bigger upgrade for better sand riding as I buy this car for weekend family fun in wadi and desert. I dont want too much problem with body and making more noise on turning, so what is the safest tire size i can choose to buy w/o touching inside the big wheel.

I think 1 to 2 inch taller should be ok, don't go above 2 inch in height you will have rubbing inside the wheel arc on turning.

Cars My passion :mrgreen:  :ugeek:

If you like my above post, please press Like / Thanks on right side to help me increase my rating

Your present size is 29.5 inches tall and I would not recommend extending to max one more inch and not two because when you go offroad your suspension bumps and your tire might hit the wheel arc and make noise. If you really want bigger than 30.5 Inches then lift the car by adding spacer in suspension or changing the springs.

Don't increase the width the first number from 265 to 275/285/295. Increase the profile, second number from 60 to 65/70/75 which increase the sidewall height and will not rub inside the wheel arch.

Second advantage is when you deflate for off road, sidewall will collapse and give you better sand flotation and it will still not rub inside the wheel arch. win win situation.