•  
Advertise here

Dare to pause this Range Rover challenge.

I saw this on Top Gear- really scary stuff with the truck driving itself!

I remember seeing this when it was originally on Top Gear too. Can't wait to see Clarkson, Hammond and Mays new show when it comes out. New new Top Gear with Chris Evans was a total flop.

@Derick This is what Range Rovers were built to do. Where I come from, you're just as likely to see one in a field as you are to see one on the road. People here just seem to see them as a status symbol though.

People here just seem to see them as a status symbol though and that's why it's highly over-rated and expensive to buy and maintain. Actually Landy's are very easy to work but here people charge bomb to touch as they know LR are usually owned by rich guys. Long ago had a wonderful experience in 2002 Range Rover (P38), best car I have owned but after few years of age it becomes too expensive to maintain here, as everyone want to rip you off.

I had a P38 for a while too, the 2.5 TDi. Woefully underpowered but I felt like a pimp when I was driving it. I remember it was ruinously expensive to keep on the road when things started going wrong with it. I thought I got a good deal on a cheap Range Rover but cheap to buy doesn't always mean cheap to own. Also had a 300 TDi Discovery. The engine and gearbox would have lasted forever but the body was horribly rotten with rust. I welded the body to chassis mounts a couple of times but soon realized I was fighting a losing battle so scrapped it. Asides from the rust, the only trouble I ever had with it was the immobilizer but it's easy enough to bypass. 

Ive currently got a 2012 Range Rover in the shop for some work. Head gaskets shot and heads were a bit wonky. Real nightmare of a car to work at. I had to remove the injectors so I could get the rocker covers off to get the cams out and get the heads off. Injectors wouldn't come out so I ended up having to remove the engine and complete front of the car to get proper access with tools. It's the 5.0 Jaguar engine. It's made from chocolate and I wouldn't recommend one to anyone. The older BMW engined ones are a much better bet.