•  
Advertise here

What was your first car?

Barry

What was your first car?

Mine was a 1987 Vauxhall Cavalier Mk.2 with a 1.6 8v OHC engine same as the one in the pics. I got it when I was around 12 years old. It was previously my uncles car but the engine was rattly and smokey and the cops harassed him every time he went out on the road in it so he gave it to me to have a bit of fun with rather than scrap it. Looking back, it was a horrible thing held together with cable ties and tacks of weld but I had hours of fun racing it round a field beside my house.

ebay508183.jpg

images.jpg

Nice thread, my first car was 1992 Nissan Sunny in black exactly same like below, nothing much to show off but I use to be like a Michael Schumarker on every red light. Torn engine foundations, blown head gasket and rebuild engine in 1 year and realize either I need a faster ride or learn to control my heavy foot. Finally learned to slow down after seeing so many bills.

Bought it for 6,500 AED in 2002 and sold for 4,500 in 2003 after spending 5,000 in maintenance issues.

nissan_sunny.jpeg

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

My first car was 1980 Fiat 127Top golden color 3 door coupe hatchback with engine displacement 1.05 L (1050 CC it's not a type error!!) it was 75 Hp with Dual throttle Weber carburetor with total weight of 900 Kg loader and no options (no AC or power windows or center looks or even power steering) Just a pure mechanical engineering..... So it was light weight economy and fast (the acceleration  was 0 to 100 Km in 10.5 Sec.) comparing to the next nineties and later generations and up to 2016 many new cars still have the same acceleration. 

0258179395001.jpg

This was my fisrt car, 92 honda civic. I had all sorts of banging memories withit that in 2 years almost full body panel changed sometime or other, no external portion was having original paint. Nothing major but too many minor dents and plenty of scratches I made.

Honda Civic.jpg