•  
Advertise here

Never go to desert without enough water

Just read this horrifying news in today's Emirates 247 and wanted to warn all you people out there who go for quick spin in the desert w/o thinking and planning. Do whatever you want but just carry two things ALWAYS: Plenty of water and shovel.

desert.JPG

It all depends on region to region and no mobile phone coverage will ever work if you are too deep in desert lets say 10-15 kms away from tarmac. Here Etisalat has better range in offroad than DU.

• Like (+1) 2

Before 20 years ago I used to work for oil company and they have rule for inspection every time you drive out from the camp which that every car leaving the camp must have a box of fresh Cucumber vegetable (that was in the middle of nineties) we used to say jokes about it but as the camp doctor said that it retain water for long time and remain cooler than water in any tank and would not evaporate and finally it can not be spoiled or leaked in handling I think it's a sort of military standard!

• Like (+1) 2

That's interesting about the cucumber. Motorists in the uk have recently been advised to carry watermelon in the car incase they get stuck in traffic for a long period of time. I don't know about that place sometimes, if it goes above 25 degrees Celsius, people start panicking like the end of the world is coming lol. I'd like to see how some of them do over here when it goes above 50. Everyone told me I'd get sick and die when I came here because of the heat but it's not so bad. Your body adjusts to it pretty quickly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36885393

Water is life man, is it so hard to understand with off-road goers.....! All other ideas of fruit and vegies is also very nice and creative, I never heard of these things before.