•  
Advertise here

Unmannerly and Snappy Drivers blame the Rise of Deaths on Dubai Roads

More than 100 persons are killed in traffic accidents on Dubai Road in the first half of this year - In the rise of 45 percent from the last year(2015).

According to Dubai Police, 112 people died and 1037 are injured in 1472 accidents from the starting of this year to the end of June. Last year during the same time period accidents are more 1526 but killed only 77.

Source News: http://www.thenational.ae/uae/transport/rude-and-impatient-drivers-to-blame-for-rise-in-deaths-on-dubai-roads

It's a sad to see this happening, may be it's good to share what actions authorities have taken against impatient drivers (without naming and shaming them) to educate and scare other drivers to be more civilized and respect road users life.

I don't know what it is about some people. They can be the nicest person in the world but as soon as they step into a car, the asshole switch flicks inside their brain. Honk honk honk get out of my way or I'll run you over peasant honk honk. Maybe their brains got fried by too much sun. 

I wonder how long it will be until RTA introduces black boxes similar to those used by some uk insurance companies, and uses them to fine drivers for erratic driving and traffic violations. These devices measure g forces and log incidents of hard acceleration and braking, swerving between lanes and hard cornering as well as where they went and what time they went there. 

What's wrong in naming and shaming, atleast with the fear of public insult people will respect life as technician said rightfully that nicest people turn their evil side behind the wheels these days. Totally agree on this.