•  
Advertise here

Taxi Cost becomes Pricey from Dubai Malls

In the morning taxi rates are Dh5 and at night it will be changed to Dh5.50. A Dubai resident said, she took taxi from Lulu Hypermarket in Al Qusais at around 10.30pm. As soon as she sitting into a taxi, the driver drew her attention to the meter, which shows a minimum fare Dh9. As she has no other option she continues to his journey. She added, usually I have to pay Dh13 to reach my destination but that day I have paid Dh18.          

The driver has been working with Dubai Taxi for 3 years. He says the Roads and Transport Authority's (RTA) decision to charge more from shopping mall customers. I tell the customers in advance of the change because I do not want to cheat with anyone.

In my point of view, this is pathetic. Fare rates should be same in day or night. What you guys says ???

Source News: http://www.khaleejtimes.com/taxis-from-dubai-malls-could-cost-you-more

Edited by Abdul Hanaan

I hate taxis. I wasn't long here and had to go to a place in downtown. I didn't know where it was so I got a taxi. It was only after I noticed that we had passed the same building twice that I figured out he was trying to run the meter up and screw me.

Another time I had to go to a place in Al Quoz. I spoke to 5 different taxi drivers outside the metro station before I found one who was willing to take me to where I wanted to go.  I was showing them the place on a map on my phone but they just replied I don't know it. It was right there on the map!

Kinda reminds me of this,

image.png

• Like (+1) 1

Technician the same incident happens with my younger brother "Abdul Rauf". He asking the taxi driver again and again that he can show him a destination in Google Map but the driver every time refuse him. Usually, he pays Dh15 to reach his destination but that day it cost was Dh25.