•  
Advertise here

Pajero Coolant 2012 model

Dear Mates,

I need your expertise and experience regarding changing engine coolant, I observed that my airconditioning system cooling was not as same cold before when I was not changing the engine coolant. I just made the engine coolant change at one of the Petrol Station in Dubai and they used their own brand for it. 

Is it really necessary to use only Mitsubishi engine coolant or would you guys recommend some coolant brand that you use for your Pajero.

Thanks

Pajero's engine cooling sytem is always on borderline hot and that's why it's highly advisable to use good coolant that keep your Pajero engine cool in this 50+ heat. I Know Pajero Dimante coolant is outrageously expensive at 90 dirhams, I found a way to switch to Nissan OEM coolant that is also red in color but comes for half the price and does the same job in keeping Pajero cool.

Coolant cooling has some co-relation with AC cooling but it is not everything, before going this route get the AC compressor checked weather it has any leak or compressor is kicking fine or not....?

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks Derick for your reply. I asked ENOC to check my A/C system as per initial check they says, Gas is Okay, Compressor responding well, they cleaned the evaporator by blowing water but still it works same.

What was that Nissan OEM coolant your using is that 30 pre mixed or 5o pre mixed (hope you still remember the coolant specs)?

You can also use Prestone black one (35 AED/Gallon), than Yellow one (25 AED/Gallon). Prestone is really really good and I have always used them in all my cars. I have never ever used any of the fuel station locally made coolant.

Second best is AC Delco and Havoline (original ones). Hope it helps.

• Like (+1) 1

To be honest it was year back and I think it was 50/50 premixed. I bought from spare part shops in sharjah in BMW road who sells all Japanese car spare parts and they only suggested me this cheaper alternate w/o compromising the quality. I also agree with sidhan that fuel station coolant is good for top up only and not full replacement.

Secondly get the HVAC checked by some AC professionals as Enoc staff skill set is very limited to oil change and inspect external issues like leaks, cracks or broken stuff only.

• Like (+1) 1

As @Derick said, Pajeros always run borderline hot, but be very careful of how much antifreeze you put into your Pajero. Putting in a little more (stronger concentration) won't hurt most other engines, but since too much anti-freeze can actually lower the boiling point of water, you can let your Pajero overheat even if you use the very best antifreze in the world.

Pajeros take some nursing in extremely hot climates, so just be careful.

• Like (+1) 1

I took my Pajero last weekend in Habtoor Service center and they found out a leakage on my evaporator, and need to be replace. I will update you guys once I receive my pajero back and will let you know the AC cooling status.  

How do Pajeros take to Evans Waterless Coolant? I've used it many times in old classic cars that were prone to overheating and always had positive results. 

http://www.evanscoolants.co.uk/Coolants/Performance/power_cool_180

• Like (+1) 1