•  
Advertise here

More than 1,100 Fines issued to Taxi Drivers in Sharjah this Year

Abdul Hanaan

In the first half of 2016, more than 1100 taxi drivers issued fines in Sharjah.

The Sharjah's passengers say, the most of the taxes are not good for a ride.

Most of them are not clean and tidy. They have not parked the taxes in the parking areas. Most of them are unable to speak English. They also talk in bad manners.

They fined Dh200 to Dh300 according to the violation

This kind of cabbies should fine Dh1000 for the single violations in my point of view. What you guys say?

Source News: http://www.thenational.ae/uae/transport/more-than-1100-fines-issued-to-taxi-drivers-in-sharjah-this-year

Buddy, cabbies are one of the poorest guys who work for long hours up to 12-15 hours to make two ends meet for 3000 dhs salary. Financial fine is not the right way but they should be punished in some other way like reduced monthly leave or lesser incentive if goes above target etc.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't agree with that!
One who does a mistake gets a ticket, 200-300 is too much for them, they are indeed poor drivers, as Danny has mentioned.

Do you know that they are allowed to make only 3 accidents throughout a whole year, if they make more than that their Taxi license will be cancelled?

Talking about fines, these were the tickets by Taxi drivers, i'm sure you don't want to know the tickets other people do..

• Like (+1) 1

3 Accidents/Year for a person who drives 12 hours straight/day is nothing..

You are talking about someone who sticks his butt 12 hours/day into a chair driving all over the streets, & if he does an accident his licence is suspended, might be sent back home, I think it's not too many bro..

@teajay I used to drive a 40 foot articulated lorry in the UK, sometimes 16 hours a day including driving through heavy city traffic and I managed not to hit anything and that's a pretty big vehicle. Some of these guys can't even drive a Camry without wrecking it. Mrs Barry was involved in a bad accident last year, a taxi driver slammed into the back of another car at high speed because he was too busy checking his Facebook to look what was in front of him. If someone who is supposedly a professional driver is crashing into things, even one time, they should be heavily penalised to make sure they don't do it again otherwise they'll just continue with their crappy driving and having accidents. If you had a company and had a company driver, would you be happy if he hit the car even one time? And it's not even the matter of the price of a car or the parts, it's people's lives and health that are being played with. I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. 

@Barry

It's not that we don't agree, I also don't agree for Accidents to happen, *supposedly* they're of course professional drivers, but the point I was trying to send is that they're human, & they might do it!

Well, you're a professional driver who drives a 40 foot, they're not, that's their capability, I don't want of course no one to be in an accident due to such drivers, especially if they're checking up on their Facebook!

Btw, it's not only them driving with their Mobiles on, i've seen hell loads of people from all nationalities driving with their Mobile phones on their ears, especially on Jumeirah, Wasl road, I think people are like addicted to it & don't even care for the rules, dunno if increasing the fine of talking while driving will be the solution, people seem not to listen at all to rules..