•  
Advertise here

Subaru Legacy

Barry

This car originally started out as a cheap car to travel to work in but I made the mistake of falling in love with it. It began life with a 2.0 boxer engine which was eventually changed to a twin turbo 2.5. I fitted a front bumper and spoiler from a Subaru Impreza. 2 completely different cars so it took a bit of work to make it fit. The new bumper came with indicators in it so I wired them up and turned the original indicators beside the headlight into sidelights. With the extra power of the bigger engine, I needed bigger brakes so I fitted ones from an Impreza WRX and they made a huge difference to the stopping power. I also fitted some alloys and a set of gas shocks and some lowering springs to help with the handling. Interior wise, I didn't do much apart from fitting a set of Recaro front seats. I fitted a decent head unit, a couple of amplifiers and subwoofers in the boot. I also had a 240v invertor in the boot, handy when you need to plug in a household appliance when on the move. Again sorry for the picture quality, I used a potato.

imag00054iy6lm[1].jpg

imag00063jb5jf.jpg

legacy5.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

You really love the color red! huh. Nothing much done inside was a good pun intended.Very nice work especially in the mixing three different breeds of Subaru.

The car cost me 1,000. Engine was 1,200. Brakes were 400. Body parts were 300 plus 80 for paint. Wheels were 300. Suspension was 500. Front seats were 250. Sound system etc I had lying in the garage and I can't remember what I paid for all the parts. So that totals at 3030 I think, I'm not good at math. Prices in GBP so it works out around 15,000 dirhams. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Barry said:

The car cost me 1,000. Engine was 1,200. Brakes were 400. Body parts were 300 plus 80 for paint. Wheels were 300. Suspension was 500. Front seats were 250. Sound system etc I had lying in the garage and I can't remember what I paid for all the parts. So that totals at 3030 I think, I'm not good at math. Prices in GBP so it works out around 15,000 dirhams. 

With the steering wheel on the wrong side of the car!!! LOL