•  
Advertise here

Mountain & wadi trips

Hi Irfan, there is no as such group labeled here for wadi's drive. You are free to post a drive and interested member will join depending on the choice of route and timing.

I see you have a Jeep, so you must be coming from off-road background or club, but things are quiet different here at Carnity than the off-road club culture. This place is more on discussing cars from anything to new technology, modifying the car, Car troubling intelligent topics to the most dumbest questions. Don't get me wrong and I am not discouraging you to initiate, but if your only goal is to drive then you are better off with off-road clubs and if you like all-round car experience community then you are in right place.

BTW, if your route is nice unseen place then I might jump in ;-)

I will join, wherever you are heading as I need to test my wife's chevy trailblazer and plus I am not as picky as mr. nutbolt.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Have you guys tried Jebal Yebir in Ras Al Khaimah? it's very nice mountain climb almost like jabal hafeet drive in al ain, but taller and with some unpaved road, perfect for camping and barbecue. Temperature drop was massive too, at least 10-15 degrees lesser than the city temperature.

Yeah,I have been there.. its the 2nd highest mountain  in UAE. The drive up there is not for a beginner as the roads can get very steep. But once up there the view is amazing.   The road access to the top is restricted. The climb up till the military check point is amazing with all those steep and quirky hairpin bends.

Jabal Yibir (Arabic: جبل يبر‎‎) is a 1,527 m (5,010 ft) tall mountain in the United Arab Emirates. It is located in the Hajar Mountains near 25°40′0″N 56°8′0″E. The highest point in the UAE is Jebel Jais (Ras Al Khaimah) at about 1,910 m just across the border from Jabal Bil Ays in Oman.

4 minutes ago, teajay said:

Yes

Our last week's Wadi Trip..

Hmm great, so how's the temperature in the night there now?

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.