•  
Advertise here

What's going on today?

Barry

Late night last night finishing off the Range Rover. Just doing some last minute work resetting fault codes and recalibration the air suspension. 

Using the Launch X431 Pro. This really is a fantastic piece of equipment. Features all the same scan functions and programming capability as dealer software so there's nothing I can't do with it. Everything from reading and resetting fault codes to programming new keys. 

land rover.jpg

Putting a dartboard in so you'll have something to do when you're waiting for your car. Also ordered a tv for the waiting room then we'll get the Xbox hooked up so you can play forza, halo or whatever else you feel like. 

dart board.jpg

Hummer H2 in. Transmission is slipping when hot and the oil is pretty stinky. Everything pointing to clutches in the transmission so gearbox will have to be removed and rebuilt. CLS 350 has broken flaps in manifold. 

Hummer Mercedes.jpg

Hi @Barry

for the transmission I think you may need to have a look over the transfer case (if the transmission suffered that much)

but what I need to ask you about that I can see the Profi-Car engine oil banner in the images so would you please evaluate it for us (Frankly would you use it in your own beloved car?)

I've done Hummer transfer box before. This one seems ok. 

Honestly, oil isn't my forte. I'm only really into the mechanical and electrical side of things but I have been told that the profi car stuff is good. We stock that alongside gulf oils. 9 times out of 10, people just ask for the cheapest oil possible and that is the gulf products. Most people driving cars don't have the same passion as we do on here, they just see a car as an appliance like a washing machine or a toaster and the main aim is to keep it running for as long as possible as cheaply as possible. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Barry ,

Always wanted to know how a Dry Sump System work ..... if its dry then why oil change ...... I know that's stupid to ask but you know the stupidest question is the one you don't ask ! can you please explain about DSS and while on it can you give the pros and of a cons simple lift using longer shackles and strut spacers to achieve lift ??

Many thanks in advance !

Ride /Drive safe !

Slick72

Edited by slick72