•  
Advertise here

Wadi Naqab Scenic Drive

38 minutes ago, Radhika said:

Can we also bring our kid who's 4? 

Good to see you guys joining, you can bring the kid but there is nothing for them to enjoy other than little "up and down x 100" in the car, but for sure it's kid's friendly drive.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Here is the total track of 6.4 kms going within the most beautiful and scenic mountain in RAK.

Plan is to drive till finish point and come back. Two yellow points after finish point on left is for trekking and on right is for challenging drive - in case someone want to venture further.

We will find some good shaded spot near end point and rest and have few drinks, take pictures and wait for people who wants to hike up or drive further.

Bring your cooler box with drinks, mat, camping chairs / table, hiking boots, camera and smile.

P.S. Don't forget the tire pressure gauge and deflator, as we need to deflate to 25 PSI before we enter.

• Starting Point: 25.703593, 56.065691
  • Camera Point: 25.710690, 56.076849
  • Viewpoint: 25.715128, 56.100217
  • Finish: 25.713800, 56.114400

Total distance-2D.JPG

Track.JPG

Hi I just camped at the entrance of Wadi Naqab, by accident and not by design.

I was hoping to camp up top, around 900m elevation, giving me around 3 degrees cooler temperature. Unfortunately at top are a lot of mountain permanent shelters for prominent emiratis, who have had issues with visitors abusing the their shelters, or probably leaving garbage.

The road upto is shared with a quarry operation, who are asked to note down the vehicle details, drivers name and contact number, they advise not to camp upto, and hence I had to camp at the wadi.

If your group is small enough and can respect the request of keeping a low profile, i.e. dressing appropriately, no loud music, and not leaving any garbage then I advise the trip leader to head up. You can not get to 900m, but 820m is passable. Recommend 4WD only with low ratio gearbox. Track on top is steep, and wide, also in a good condition.

It is too warm to camp in the wadi, but the night sky is clear and very very quiet.

On 9/15/2016 at 11:18 AM, Rahimdad said:

Gaurav Bhai, long time no see, it would be a pleasure to catch up with you, would you mind if I tagged along with my family.

Awesome to have you always Rahim bhai, looking forward to seeing you and your family.

• Like (+1) 1