•  
Advertise here

I was wondering if any of the members here would like to try desert driving.

To introduce myself, I have been an avid off-roader for the past 8 years and I have all the desert equipment ready in my vehicle.

If anyone is interested to have a short drive in the desert just for the experience I will be more than happy to have it early in the morning at about 6 am when it is nice and cool so that we can finish off by 8:30 or 9 am. All that the participants would require would be a tire deflator, a tire pressure gauge and preferably a UHF radio, all these are available from Dragon Mart at a Reasonable rate. So if anyone is interested please post your interest here and I will take it from there.

I will however require at least 1 more experienced hand to help me sweep the drive.

fossil rock.jpg

faya.jpg

As per interest I am posting the following drive:

Friday morning drive:

Date: 23 September, 2016

Meeting point : Adnoc Petrol Station Maleha Road (https://goo.gl/maps/mzb26kxzte72)

Meeting time : 5:45 AM - 8:30 AM

Plan: Lets drive from the petrol station to Fossil Rocks and on to Faya where we can finish off with some play time.

Basic recovery equipment is very important and carry lots of water

1. Rahimdad
  2. Stephen
  3. Abdullah
  4. Malav (Newbie)

Cool Gaurav Bhai. Thank you for your support sir.

Friday morning drive:

Meeting point : Adnoc Petrol Station Maleha Road (https://goo.gl/maps/mzb26kxzte72)

Plan: Lets drive from the petrol station to Fossil Rocks and on to Faya where we can finish off with some play time.

1. Rahimdad
  2. Stephen
  3. Abdullah
  4. Malav (Newbie)
  5. Gaurav Bhai (Sweep)

Still place for a couple of more newbies.

Friday morning drive:

1. Rahimdad
  2. Stephen
  3. Abdullah
  4. Malav (Newbie)
  5. Gaurav Bhai (Sweep)
  6. Michael
  7. Jaison
  8. Rajesh
  9. Ratheesh

Edited by Rahimdad
Change in participants

I have never driven in desert, can I bring my Pajero to test only, and I am ok to leave if I think I cannot continue or my Pajero is not fit for it.

Feel free to decline/accept as I fully understand the value for everyone time and don't want to spoil anyone time and mood.

Hi Derick you are more than welcome to join in. Pajero was built to off-road and it will never be a waste of time for you or me or anyone on this trip. This drive is supposed to be for absolute newbies. Looking forward to seeing you on Friday.

Friday morning drive:

1. Rahimdad
  2. Stephen
  3. Abdullah
  4. Malav (Newbie)
  5. Gaurav Bhai (Sweep)
  6. Michael
  7. Jaison
  8. Rajesh
  9. Ratheesh
  10. Derick (Newbie)

@Derick I also agree with Rahimdad, as you should join this drive as it's very basic and newbie drive - perfect for first timers.

And I do drive Pajero for offroad since few years, so I am sure you will be fine.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.