•  
Advertise here

Trail Blazer interior light mystery

I am really clueless on how to activate my wife's Trail Blazer interior light while opening the doors. It just doesn't seem to work and we both have toggled so many light switch options. However all light works perfectly one-by-one when we switch on, it's just that we are missing the setting somewhere to switch on all interior light or at least front lights while opening the door.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Look for a switch on the a or b pillar where the door closes against it. It'll be like a small button with a rubber cover. If it's stuck, spray some wd40 on it and tap it until it starts working. You should be able to pop it out with a screwdriver. If you bridge the terminals on the plug with a paper clip or a bit of wire, the interior lights should come on. If the lights come on using this method but don't work via the switch, you know that the switch is faulty. If the lights don't come on it is a wiring issue. 

• Like (+1) 1

There should be a switch near headlight switch for interior dimming knob as all American car come with dimming knob. Look for that and play with few settings you might get lucky. If this doesn't work then go with Barry style of debugging.

• Like (+1) 1

On my Jeep Commander on the head light switch there was a knob which controlled the dashboard lights, if you turned it all the way to the brightest all the cabin lights would come on, turn it one click back and the cabin lights would be switched off, that was until you open a door, walla. I believe that is what you are looking for.

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks all for your inputs and yes I have figured out this little press button now to enable and disable all interior lights to switch on while opening the door.

Actually this lil fellow is sick as it work 5-6 times out of 10 times and caused all this confusion. 

image.jpeg

If I am not mistaken there is a fuse bx under the rear seat for Trail Blazers, it causes inconsistency when it is either loose, or if I am not mistaken fuse number 4 or 40 is bust. Maybe you can check on those and see if it is loose connection or a bust up fuse.

• 1 month later...

@Ak I bought this Trail Blazer for my wife, who uses for mall run with one kid, so most important part for us was the safety and strength of this vehicle should be good. I have been told from my colleague whose sister crashed her TB and jumped on round about by smashing 2 cars at the speed of 60 and literally nothing happened to the car. Last month my wife got hit from back and again TB strength put to display that only tow hook got little paint of other car, and nothing happen to TB. We didn't even claimed the insurance for green paper as there was only hairline crack in the bumper paint.

For the drive comfort me and my wife absolutely LOVE IT. It's comfort is second to Range Rover in my car owning history, although it doesnt have EAS, but it glides extremely smooth on highway. I think it has a torsion rod suspension, which is better than coil springs anyday.

Only thing I didn't like was the mop quality fabric seats, I guess it's may be because ours is the lowest option. So we got whole custom upholstery done from my friend's shop in Ajman and it costed us 800 dhs (I think).

For the servicing side, when I got this TB 4-5 months got the whole car service from Liberty (Shj) outside facility including the gear oil and filter change with check and top-up on all diff and 4x4 oil's costed me roughly 1000 dhs. If I remember correctly major cost was gear oil change close to 500-600 as it is done once in 40,000 Kms.

Since then there was nothing else spent on maintenance, other than the gear shifter cable broke. I accidentally ordered the cable and have to buy it too for 175 dhs, as after @Barry creative and permanent solution I don't think I will ever need that cable again.

• Like (+1) 2