•  
Advertise here

Help required !

Hi All ,

Good evening !

I would request all Xterra user who have not modified their air intake ( stock air filter !)  and stock configuration with regards to tyres , suspension  and no additional fittments ( like skid plates , bull bars etc)to give give me their tank to tank milage and what is the engine RPM at 60,80,100,120,140 kmph as noticed on the odo meter or RPM reading and corrosponding speed as per the odometer  . I need this to check and see if there is any change in engine RPM and or change in milage after fitting a drop in airfilter (K&N stock replacemnt filter) . Presently the changes I have noticed are :

Smother engine 

Apparent lower RPM ( when compared to the stock filter )

Close to 35 kms gain per tank full of fuel ( again just 2 tank fulls )

Many thanks in advance !

Drive /Ride safe !

Slick72

P.S : Just got myself a used Xterra 2012 with 78k kms just 10 days ago !:-D

Congrats on your new ride and indeed Xterra is a very good and capable 4x4.

I am not an Xterra owner, but my two cents are below:

• Air filter alone doesn't make any fuel mileage difference unless accompanied with chip tuning.
  • Air filter just make it breath little freely and make you FEEL smoother of throttle response, at same as previous RPM.
  • Any major change in weight gain/reduction will make noticeable difference in fuel economy.
  • Any major change in vehicle geometry or aerodynamics make big difference - bullbar, roof rack, bigger lift etc.

35 kms gain per fuel tank could be the difference due to your driving habit or change to different route....?

You can compare your reading with other Xterra owners here: http://www.fuelly.com/car/nissan/xterra/2012

• Like (+1) 2

Hi All,

Many thanks Barry ...... your the best !  Nutbolt I am a creature of habit and I tried on the regular route and regular driving habit .

I am sure there will be certainly some milage gain ( I have used on Altima , Lumina SS and couple of Indian cars like Maruti 800 , Contessa {both petrol and diesel} , Nissan P60 and Indica Xeta  ) now to achieve better milage have removed the owners manual from the truck       ; )

Now the latest is to get a lift kit ...... working on skid plates ...... my wife is going crazy because am glued to forums........

Drive safe / Ride safe !

Slick72

slick72, you reminded me of old time contessa classic history from India, where it was the only one real luxury car among bunch of FUGLY Ambassadors and Fiat's in 80's.

• Like (+1) 1

Hello All,

Have you forgotten Standard 2000 Taqir ?? it was epitome of luxury...... those were the day when we have to  seam weld a whole car again once you buy it from the dealers ( we had to do it for the Fiat be got in mid 80's )

Hi All,

Just an update ,, the present gas milage per tank full is close to 575 kms ( up from last tank fill had close to 350 kms on highways in the evening with close to no traffic !) ... I drive close to the legal speed limits .... the speedo is horrible and its not 1:1 had to use GPS to check speed ... and avoid going into Karama/ Bur Dubai ..... and the increase is about 37 to 40 km per tank .... may be it will pay back in another 5 more tank fulls then .... pure profit !

On a side note whats your call on tow hitch mounted spare tyre carrier for Xterra .... kinda like the butch look of rear door mounted spare tyres ;) .

What will be the cost of OE navigation package .... oe can you retrofit Pathfinders display unit it has individual TPI and distance to empty readings ......

Drive / Ride safe !

Slick72

tow hitch STC.png

Edited by slick72

Did you mean 575 or was it a typo. 575-350 = 225 additional km per tank. How it's possible with just drop-in filter, you can't get that with unichip modification even. 

Why your speedo is showing difference, do you have different tire size than stock?