•  
Advertise here

Al Ain - Dubai daily drive for under 95K

Yont

I am torn between the new Altima 2.5 SL and the 3.5 SL. Need advise on which to get.

The 2.5 SL has the Fuel economy advantage of ~1L/100km; 20K dhs cheaper.

The 3.5 SL has the power advantage and leather seating.

Just concerned if I am actually getting 20K worth upgrading.

Please help :wacko: !!

When I last checked they had the top of the range 2.5 Altima which came with the leather seats, sun roof and the works, are they not offering leather seats any more on their 2.5 or have they run out of stock due to end of year. They should have new stock for the year 2017 within a week or two. Just ask them the right questions. Not only is the 2.5 cheaper than the 3.5, but also the fuel economy on the 2.5 is amazing.

On Dubai roads you won't be able to use much of that 3.5 power, besides I think the 3.5 will be out of your price range as I believe it is a 109K if I am not mistaken.

I test drove the 2.5 and instantly fall in love, I have not test driven the 3.5 so I have no idea, you might want to take both of a spin and than decide if you want to part with the extra cash.

I asked both Dubai and Abu Dhabi (two different companies) and both didn't have leather on their 2.5 models. But for general information the #2 option (SV) in Abu Dhabi is far more impressive than in Dubai - also has SAT Nav.

Dubai have an option for leather but it is not the Nissan made seats, just something from the local market, unlike the 3.5.

Had they had the genuine leather for the 2.5 it would be a no brainer! But I think they want us to make that decision!! Knowing this, the 3.5 consumption is better than the Camry 4-cylinder!

But I also didn't ask if they had plans to supply leather seated 2.5s. I will ask the dealers. I would not be impressed if they let that piece of information slip!

I am willing to go a little over budget if there is value in the extra 10-15K. After all, it is a decision I will have to live with on a daily basis.

Again, I need advice from someone who drove both... or someone that has experienced their comfort, fuel economy, etc.

29 minutes ago, Yont said:

hAwX don't complicate my life any further please!

you should go for the best of the best. So it's a good thing to make it complicated now so life's easy later :)

talking about the new accord, omg just look at it. reliability/fuel economy and all are not a question... Just need to know about the after sales services. I would take the accord over altima any day but it's up to you. The new accord is face-lifted and is fresh. It's important to do some research.. I think accord gives more bang for the buck ans not sure if its already available for sale! Will PM you a link of a site where they did a comparison between the both.

Edited by hAwX

Hope I can help you with some of my experience:

• Most Japanese (if not all) cars come basic option at Jebel Ali and all dealers have their assembly for upgrading whatever custom option you want including the leather seats. It may be a dealer or service adviser stunt to trick you to force you to upgrade to 3.5 for the wish of leather seats.
  • You can upgrade GENUINE real leather seats from best upholstery maker in Dubai / Sharjah for 3500 - 5000 AED MAX.
  • Difference between 2.5 and 3.5 is the instant pick acceleration difference and capability to quickly swerve between the lanes with that quick acceleration. If that's what your heart desire, close your eyes and pay extra - it's worth every dirham.
  • For long distance cruise as a daily drive 4 cyl (2.5) is far efficient than 6 cyl (3.5), factor 20% extra on the fuel with 3.5.
  • For long distance cruise as a daily drive you won't feel a jack difference in either.

So truly ask yourself what you really want, and do that. As decision made by heart will make you live happier than brain doing number crunching and forcing you to justify what make sense.

• Like (+1) 1

amity your spot on. I did make a decision today and it was the 3.5SL Gun Metal Grey and Beige interior! Sure I loose 20% efficiency but 20% of what? leader of the class! For the segment the V6 can compete with some 4 cyclinders.... but that is the number cruncher trying to justify the fact that I simply chose more power. I will be reminded every time I kick down the throttle that I made the right choice! 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use