•  
Advertise here

3 wheelers

manums

I have seen some three wheeler vehicles in sharjah area yesterday. One was having two wheels on the front and other having just the opposite. Is that a custom vehicle? Do we need any additional license to ride such vehicles? In general how much customization is allowed in UAE?

I used to have one of these. It was pure evil incarnate. If you gave it too much throttle, the front would lift slightly and you would lose the steering and it would take off in whatever direction it felt like. Was also very unstable in corners. I came off it a few times, even hit a tree once. 

There are a few different types of trikes. Car based and bike based. A lot of people use the back end of an old air cooled beetle and fit a bike front end. There are also fully bike based ones. Some of the Honda Goldwing trikes are things of beauty and almost look as if they were built by the factory. My personal favourites are the rat trikes. 

IMG_3168.JPG

I have seen kids riding 2 wheeler small electric scooters on Sharjah streets, almost saw a couple of very close shaves, I am sure they would not survive if they met with an accident. Kids are senseless, but I am wondering how come the parents don't know about what their children are up to, or do the parents actually encourage them to do this.

@manums I have seen these being sold in Ras Al Khor, you can check with the showroom if they would help you register them, if they can be registered in Dubai, they can be used on the streets in Dubai. The one you saw was it with a license plate?

Important Information

Terms of use