•  
Advertise here

Best car exhaust system that is adjustable

Allstar

Anyone knows the name of company or type of car exhaust system that is available in UAE which is adjustable (on-demand) to switch on/off? As RTA and Police rules against noisy cars and yearly passing is a double trouble I want to save, wondering if this type of wishlist exhaust system available here that can be switched on/off with flick of a hidden button. Please say yes guys.

If you have a big bore exhaust people are more likely to hear you coming and get out of your way. Loud pipes save lives!

I don't know of any specific aftermarket manufacturers who make what you're looking for but it is completely doable with a bit of custom fabrication. Aston Martin for one example, the DB9 if I remember correctly has a switchable exhaust system. There is a solenoid operated valve in the system which routes the exhaust gas through extra silencers then opens under throttle to let the gas flow more freely. A lot of owners remove the fuse so the valve is always open and you always have more noise. I also recall seeing something similar on some BMWs although it was a vacuum operated valve towards the rear silencer. So yes, if you can find someone who can weld proficiently and has a little bit of know how, you can do it. 

• Like (+1) 2

There is also the option of bungs. Previously, I had a Subaru which I used for track days. The majority of tracks have noise limits and if your car is too loud, you aren't allowed on track. I had a free flowing rear silencer which was VERY loud but it also came with bungs that could be fitted to the silencer in a few minutes with a handful of screws to instantly bring the db level down. Something else for you to look at. 

Try the borla hushflow, I'm using same in my mustang. They are quiet as stock and give good noise and performance when pushed hard, with beautiful deep drone on highway.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

That's good info Gaurav Bhai, another one you can check is Skyline Garage in Al Quoz. They specialize in modifying exhaust as per your preferences and they might be able to do the job you are looking for.

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use