•  
Advertise here

Heated Seat Option - Ford Edge 2014 GCC

mojuni

Hi,

I recently bought Ford Edge 2014 - Limited AWD with leather seats and GCC specifications. The sales guy confirmed me the heated seat option during the purchase but it was not tested and realized after purchase only that there is no heated seat option in this model. However, I'm seeing same model videos on youtube where heated seat option is available. Now the dealer (Al Tayer Motors) is confirming me that this feature never came into 2014 model and the sales guy was not aware of it. Any one who has good knowledge on this matter could brief me if they are right or just trying to escape after bluffing me?

Sorry for your disappointing experience, but I'm literally very curious that why won't anyone ever need a heated seats in UAE where almost 12 months temperature is in two digits.

Do you meant cooled seats by any chance?

1 hour ago, adil said:

Sorry for your disappointing experience, but I'm literally very curious that why won't anyone ever need a heated seats in UAE where almost 12 months temperature is in two digits.

Do you meant cooled seats by any chance?

And for this reason its is almost never offered here, except for high end luxury cars that have all the bells and whistles and even sometimes they also dont offer it. You could say it is sort of a defacto GCC standards.

Having used seat heaters in my Jeep Commander 5.7 Hemi, it used to be really useful in winters as it did provide my mom who has Rheumatoid Arthritis some comfort from the pain in the cold. Normal situations you would not require a seat heater in UAE, but if the salesman offered it and the car came without than there is an issue. However in UAE it is what you have in writing rather than the word of mouth, so if you have any quotation or brochure where it mentions the model has seat heating than you can take it up with Al Tayer, if they do not give you a proper response you can take it up with Consumer Rights as well.

If you do not have anything in writing than another technique is to go back to the sales person who told you that there is seat heating in the vehicle and make sure you are going at a time when there is a decent crowd. Just start shouting at the top of your lungs that you are really unhappy with the false promises made and Al Tayer are crooks selling you lies and so on and so forth until the Manager comes and tries to interfere. Do not cool down till they promise to give you some kind of compensation for your disappointment.