•  
Advertise here

How to stop fading of car paint?

robert

I am in love with black color but due to extra heat I started switching to darker shades of grey, burgundy and brown but still I notice paint fades up in all the cars I had/have. What is the cure of this issue apart from a repainting the whole car?

Stop parking in sun - excuse given to me once from a car painter for his incompetent and sub standard workmanship.

I heard 3M silicone coating is really good and comes with some 3 or 5 year warranty for paint fading from UV.

Cars My passion :mrgreen:  :ugeek:

If you like my above post, please press Like / Thanks on right side to help me increase my rating

Try the nano ceramic coating for preserving the original factory car paint, I had that once in my most expensive car and used it for 2-3 years and sold with the same shiny paint, as when I bought it.

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2016 at 7:55 PM, amid said:

Stop parking in sun - excuse given to me once from a car painter for his incompetent and sub standard workmanship.

Well, I would agree with you there buddy! The sun heat has a great impact to the carpaint. Find a garage that can cover the car from direct sunlight

On 12/30/2016 at 10:51 AM, Jason Gray said:

The body color of cars gets faded with time due to sunlight and weather conditions. The sandy and windy Emirates weather can be tough on your car and its paint color may lose it shine and smoothness. If you don’t pay attention to the peeling paint, it further damages the car’s surface. In order to prevent the paint damage of your car, you need to find a solution. Otherwise, you may require a new paint job that will be an expensive substitute.

Yes, you're right there buddy. Prevention is better than cure

Important Information

Terms of use