•  
Advertise here

Best jeep wrangler year for offroad

taqir

i am planning to buy a weekend wrangler in range of 20-30 dhs, can you please suggest any good year or other specifications / model / type? It should be 2 door please. thanks

As per the info given to me by my friends who drive the Wrangler, for manual gears the best models came from 1999 to 2004, as they were the work horse gears 5 speed manuals, from 2005 onwards they made it the 6 speed manuals which have a different gear ratio. If you are going for the automatic any model will do, however I would prefer to have the 4.0 Liter engine than the 3.8 or 3.6 Penta Star, BTW, I read somewhere on this forum that after about 120K Kms it develops a knocking which you can read more about in the Jeep Wrangler Forum.

Hope it helps.

I think in price range what you are looking buddy, you can max get to 06-08 model and not beyond. So this prolly ends up the whole discussion about newer vs older. Just only thing is pick the ride that is not modified (highly improbable) or slightly modified to get some life out of beaten soul.

• Like (+1) 1

The problems with Sheeps is, hard to find a sheep that hasn't been absued, If I was into sheeps I would go for a bone stock one, first of high chances it hasn't been abused off road, secondly you never know what kind of and what quality of mods have been done, better to buy one and build it yourself, which eventually all sheepers do.

Personally I wouldn't touch any sheep even with Barrys barge pole :D

If you're buying a "sheepers" edition, make sure to do a carfax check online. A lot of those "sheepers" editions are write offs, water and accident damage etc brought in from America and rebuilt. You might be able to take a tape measure and find one side of the car an inch shorter than the other or other similarly crazy stuff. 

Go for 06-08 model will be well with in your reach as brandan pointed.

Jeep Wrangler Sahara vs Rubicon is a tough fight to choose for you. Both have similar output but Rubicon is an inch better than sahara in offroad performance. On the other hand sahara is much better if you do more road trips and ocassional off-road. If this will be your only off-road vehicle then choosing rubicon by paying little etxra makes sense. hope this help.