•  
Advertise here

Nissan Tiida

Hi,

I have nissan tiida 1.8 (2012 model) (mexico), I bought it second hand from one guy in May'16 and at the time of purchase I have done comprehensive test from RTA and no problem was there in enginge, chasis, gear, axel. But recently I am facing a problem that when i stop my car on signal and after sometime when I start driving my car it start shaking and gives me shock front & back.. It looks like my engine is uncontrollable and my car is not moving even i push my accelerator to far... Can anyone help me about this?

May be you need to break it down your questions more properly for us to understand:

• When you stop on signal car engine get shut off? (Yes / No)
  • When you stop on signal car engine rpm drops and have rough idle? (Yes / No)
  • Is your car having automatic gear or manual?
  • When it shakes you means, when you engage in gear and hit accelerator it starts with jerk? (Yes / No)
  • What you mean by car is not moving and engine is uncontrollable: Please explain more.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for devoting your time for my query, I would like to answer your questions as below:

• At signal my car engine did not get shut off, I always keep my engine running.
  • When I stop at signal I engage the hand brake and switch to 'P' gear. When signal is green as usual I am switching gear to 'D' & release hand break but while accelerating my car engine do not generate the power pick up and its become very slow and sometimes I feel it gives jerks front/back 4 to 5 times.
  • Even sometimes I keep my car in 'D' at signal but I feel to much vibration in my car even some of the items kept on dashboard fall down due to vibration
  • My car is automatic gear
  • My car is 1.8 but while accelerating it did not give me required speed to move from speed 0 to 60.

Hope it will clear my query and waiting for your valuable feedback.

There are multiple things I doubt here, proper mechanic look can identify the main culprit.

Hope your car is serviced regularly and have fresh engine oil, spark plug and working coils. If this is not done, get these done first as a basic maintenance. 

If after above basic maintenance still have same issue then get the transmission oil check or replaced and see if it helps, as what you are mentioning (jerking) usually happen when auto gearbox is at end of its life. Have you ever changed the transmission oil? What is the current odometer kms of your car? Are you the first owner or second / third? If second or third then we can also suspect that previously failing gearbox has been rebuilt with sub standard parts which are dying now slowly.

I do maintain regularly, recently one week back I have changed engine oil and at that time checked break oil, transmission oil, steering oil, everything was fine.

I am second owner of the car, while purchasing I have tested it in RTA with comprehensive test and no problem in engine, chasis, gear and other thing, car was OK when I purchased it, I bought my car in May'16 and problem started now means after 7 months.

Worn out engine mount could be a cause of vibration?

Current odometer in around 98700 KM.

Yes it could be engine mount, but when you said jerking added with slow acceleration first doubt is transmission bad oil / slipping transmission (failing clutch). See if you can double check the gear oil by some good professional and not only trusting the enoc/eppco guys. Same mechanic can check the engine mounts and also gear mounts (visual inspection).

@Barry do you still provide carnity members free diagnosis...?

I had a similar problem with my Nissan Pathfinder 2001 model driven 220K Kms, and the problem turned out to be the distributor, not the distributor cap, but the distributor itself. It used to start normal and than after a while it used to start jerking and no matter how much I push the accelerator the car would hardly move. If i reduce the accelerator it used to smooth out and drive OK at 40-60 KPH.

I hope this is your problem and will be sorted out soon, maybe you need to get in touch with @Ak to use his OBD 2 to detect the problem for sure.

• Like (+1) 1