•  
Advertise here

Ford Focus ST 2017

kottapar

Hey guys,

I've recently moved to the UAE. No doubt, it's an eye feast for the auto enthusiast. I'm from India and was driving a Fiat Punto there. So once here, I've asked around and was getting the stares whenever I mentioned that I wanted to go for a manual license. 

I'm determined to get it though :) I've yet to open the file. However while searching for some fun to drive cars, I came across the Focus RS. But it looks like it's not available here. The ST is available though. So how is the Focus to maintain? Please pour in any experiences with maintaining it and any other info that can help. I'm presuming that the ST is a manual. Hope I'm not wrong.

Yes the ST is available but they're very few and far between. I'd advise checking on parts availability and delivery times before making a purchase. Very capable car though. 

The RS is available. Maybe. I saw one in Al Quoz last month. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Barry said:

Yes the ST is available but they're very few and far between. I'd advise checking on parts availability and delivery times before making a purchase. Very capable car though. 

The RS is available. Maybe. I saw one in Al Quoz last month. 

Thanks for that. Which other fun to drive cars are available here? The Subaru WRX STI is available. I'd like to have a car that's fun to drive, could be used as a daily driver, but should bring on a smile every time I drive :)

Definitely test drive the WRX. I've had a couple of the older models and they are immense fun to drive.  It's the sort of car that you can just throw into a corner and it grips and grips. More likely to understeer than oversteer but if you're good with the handbrake you can get some big slides going. 

Lots of good cars are available in UAE but it depends what turns you on. Big American V8 with RWD, small Japanese hatchback with a turbo and rwd or 4wd etc. Also do you want a new car or would you consider something older? I saw a lovely R33GTR last week if you would consider something a bit older and left field. 

• Like (+1) 1

Ford is a good bet and Subaru too but subaru will loose a lot on resale as no one want it here. Another good and fun to drive option is VW Golf if you can afford it. Second option in big block American V8 are Camaro, Challenger and Mustang.

• Like (+1) 1

As their ad says : "Are you Dodge?"

They have some good vehicles, 2 door muscle the Challenger is there and than there is the Charger which is 4 door, good for family and fun to drive. But unfortunately not manual.

• Like (+1) 1

You may get a Jeep Wrangler, not on the fast side, but it comes in manual, is convertible and can be a load of fun in the sands of UAE. The fun is on a very different level. Plus they say a Jeep is not bought, it is made, which means a lot of modifications available which help you to make you Jeep yours, different from others. Plus off-roading in a Jeep can be a lot of fun.

Than again it is really up to you what is your meaning of fun.

• Like (+1) 2

Thanks a lot for the replies. Yep, I'm just biding my time reading the reviews and news. I'll test drive and will take a decision. I'm not a core enthusiast. However my ride has to be a fun-to-drive babe, not too big or cumbersome to park or maneuver!

I'll keep you guys posted on how it goes :)

Edited by kottapar

• 8 months later...

Time really files :) I've finally got my license in July. I've got to admit that the search for a car can be taxing on the mind.

Moreover being in RAK has it's disadvantages. We've got to book the test drives. I test drove the ST, Ford Edge, Charger, Jeep Wrangler(a friend has it) and a CX9. No wonder the American cars are planted and solid. Even though it's a hatchback, the ST felt more safe and solid that a Nissan Maxima.

• Thanks (+1) 1