•  
Advertise here

How much modifications are approved for jeep wranglers

manums

This is very interesting question, and I will try to be specific as much as I can on what is allowed and what is not. Still people do "not allowed " stuff and reverse it on the day of passing.

Allowed:

1. Lift kit (2-4 Inch)
  2. Air filters
  3. Roof rack
  4. Snorkel
  5. Mild exhaust
  6. Fancy head lights or LED Day lights
  7. Winch
  8. Tire spacers
  9. Fiber body kit
  10. Tire fenders

Not Allowed:

1. Loud exhaust
  2. Loud headers
  3. Full metal bumper
  4. LED flood light on top
  5. Sticker job (small or big)
  • Like (+1) 2

Thanks @ethan, that is very helpful and a great question by @manums.

Just to be very clear, RTA in Dubai might allow air filters and mild exhaust, but come to Sharjah and if the Sharjah Police feels that there are any mods thay would stop you and ask you to lift your hood for inspection. This is commonly seen on the Maliha/Kalba road. Some of the cars are stopped by default, Jeep Wranglers and Nissan Patrol are common to be stopped by Sharjah Police. If they find any modification you better hope and pray that they are in a good mood and leave you with a warning to change only. If they are not in such a good mood, or you piss them off the car can be confiscated for a month and pay heavy fines to get your vehicle back. 

What I meant guys is the replacement filter in box you can change to K&N or any other performance filter, but fixing separate cone filter will invite trouble from the first look of engine bay.