•  
Advertise here

Every time I visit new service center they make me convince of their engine oil is the best engine oil in UAE. I know this is never ending and never satisfying question, but I still like to ask which is the best engine oil brand in UAE available for cars for extreme hot and dusty weather condition. If anyone can rate these brands in their superiority order then it will be nice to know: Total vs Mobil 1 Vs Shell Vs Castrol

• Like (+1) 1

Any of the above manufacturer or any other renowned brand. I'd say more than the brand its the oil specs that are more important, you could be using the wrong spec oil from "the best" and still end up in trouble. For hot climate conditions like this its better to go for a higher weight oil and read up your car manual for oil change interval for dusty climates, you'd be surprised some recommend half the interval for oil changes in extreme duty or hot and dusty climate than their regular change intervals. Because heat is the biggest enemy of oil and it has only a certain capacity to absorb pollutants, dusty and sandy environment just adds to the burden, hence heat and dust use up the oil's life at a faster rate than normal

• Like (+1) 3

I vote for Mobil 1 as the best engine oil, over the other brands. My choice is based on my own experience since last 10 years and Mobil 1 quality and engine response always surpassed other brands.

• Like (+1) 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

On 2017/01/21 at 4:01 PM, sidhan said:

Everytime I visit new service center they make me convince of their engine oil is the best in the market. I know this is never ending and never justified question, but still like to ask whihc is the best engine oil available for cars in uae for extreme hot and dusty weather condition. If anyone can rate these brands in their superiority order then it will be nice to know: Total vs Mobil 1 Vs Shell Vs Castrol

Asking which brand of oil is the best out of the three you mention, is like asking which colour of paint is best- red, blue or green.

All three brands have both good and bad characteristics, and how well each works depends on the engine, driving style, fuel quality, environmental conditions (heat, dust, humidity), and how well the PCV system on that engine works. 

The best thing to do therefore is to try all three brands, and see which gives you the best fuel economy and throttle response. You may also find that the engine runs cooler with some brands of oil, so combine all these factors, choose the brand of oil that works best for you, and then stick to that brand and formulation.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, treks said:

Asking which brand of oil is the best out of the three you mention, is like asking which colour of paint is best- red, blue or green.

All three brands have both good and bad characteristics, and how well each works depends on the engine, driving style, fuel quality, environmental conditions (heat, dust, humidity), and how well the PCV system on that engine works. 

The best thing to do therefore is to try all three brands, and see which gives you the best fuel economy and throttle response. You may also find that the engine runs cooler with some brands of oil, so combine all these factors, choose the brand of oil that works best for you, and then stick to that brand and formulation.

This is exactly I have done few years back and realized that Mobil1 wins all the time in my case (car + driving style). It's a tad expensive but worth every extra spend when I feel the throttle response and mileage.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

• 2 years later...

The best engine oil is the oil that is fulfilling the specification recommended by the engine manufacturer. We often use motor oil which hardly matches with recommended API and SAE. The new engine must use full synthetic which is SN so that the life of the engine can achieve its maximum level along with its performance. Mostly American cars use 0W 20 whereas European cars refer 0W 40 however in GCC it is recommended to use 5W 30. in all above-mentioned grade use minimum SM or otherwise use SN. 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use