•  
Advertise here

Al Ardhi - Land Rover's mobile app for off-road enthusiasts

Wow. This morning I heard on the radio that Land Rover has introduced a mobile app for off-road enthusiasts to share their off-road experiences and adventures. To know more you may go to the below link. I will be going through the app and share my experience using this app, anybody else interested my post their views here regarding this new app.

http://live.landrover-me.com/2016/03/03/land-rover-launches-first-social-mobile-application-for-regions-off-road-enthusiasts/

Good luck to Land Rover for thinking rich brats who own LR gonna use this app ever and record and share data. There is no sharing in those rich guys dictionary. They can't even check their engine oil type as discussed in other thread lately, so expecting those guys to use such an awesome app is a total waste of APP.

I wish Jeep, Toyota, Nissan must have come up with this then it would have been very nice.

Thanks for sharing Rahim

Cars My passion :mrgreen:  :ugeek:

If you like my above post, please press Like / Thanks on right side to help me increase my rating

@amid Ouch  buddy, that hurts. I am an ex-owner of a Land Rover Discovery which was a 1998 model,Gaurav Bhai was an owner of a Range Rover, and @desertdude is a firm believer of the Land Rover brand, none of us are rich brats. We all worked very hard and bought our Land Rovers and as I know we always shared and we still do, whether it is the experience, information or the bread on our plates.

BTW, this app can be downloaded and used by anyone for free, I have just downloaded it and it is very simple to use. I will test it out on the newbie drive tomorrow and further update you guys.

• 2 weeks later...

@amid you don't need/have to be so negative and think of all LR owners are alike.

After enjoying Range Rover for little over 2 years, I can say that Land Rover cars are very easy to maintain and best if you can DIY unlike many japanese cars who put the spark plug half km inside the mainfold (Pajero). However here it's a different situation created by garage and workshop that they will always charge a fortune to touch a Range Rover as they think like you that all LR owners are rich brat. 

I have paid for simple 8 spark plug change a 300 AED for labor only, while asking why it's expensive and garage owner returned with dirty grin: "Sir it's a Range Rover"

1. Range Rover spark plug change - 1 hr - 300 AED
  2. Pajero spark plug change - 2-3 hrs - 200 AED
  3. Land Cruiser plug change - 1-2 hrs - 100 AED

So it's a perception that dictates how much money you will be spending on maintenance and not the actual labor intensiveness.

Talk about ardhi app, I have seen it briefly with @Rahimdad and others and it still has some minor glitches to be ironed and you never know it might pick up only due to the reason of sending flares to near by people when stuck, so that they can come and rescue you in offroad - very well thought feature.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.