•  
Advertise here

how to avoid tail gaters

amid

Locals and arabs are having cultural issue that if you don't drive fast and rash you will be treated like other slow moving expat. Once they grow old and cross over 45-50 they realize the reality and sober down.

@Rahimdad existence of such patience is very scarce on this planet at least nowadays, that doesn't mean I believe in an eye for an eye will make the whole world blind but I think fining the road blocker can be immediate relief to curb the tailgating issue.

I was once tailgated by a car for like 5 Km's, I couldn't go to the right lane, because there were cars next to me..

The car was flashing the hell outta me, I got so angry, was driving a GT that time, I could easily get the hell out of the car, but anyways, after I had the chance to go right & give it way, Looked at the driver, it came out to be a woman who was flirting with other cars who were chasing her trying to take her phone number or whatever!

Anyways back to solutions for tailgating, Full brakes, this will teach them a VERY good lesson, especially if they hit you from the back 8-)

8 hours ago, knightjp said:

@Rahimdad Spot on... Patience is the key.

This might sound a bit racist but I have noticed that the most impatient drivers that I've seen on the road are always the local Emiratis and the expats from the Arabic speaking countries. I mean no disrespect. They are perfectly nice people - very caring and very helpful. But the moment they get into the driver's seat, they're suddenly in Race-driver mode and they act like they're always in a hurry - even when they don't need to be.
How do I know this? A couple of those people are friends of mine.
Maybe it is a cultural thing, I do not know.. I've asked my friends many times about why they drive and behave like that, they just looked at me like I'm crazy. To them it is perfectly normal.

Even your observations about driving in Europe is interesting. Yes, driving in Europe is certainly more civilized, but that is slowly changing I think. A friend of mine in UK was complaining about recently there are some people over there constantly tailgating and driving crazy on the roads. She managed to get 5 people to stop so that she can talk to them. All of them were people who migrated - Two Lebanese, one Egyptian, one Iranian and one Pakistani. The Pakistani guy grew up in Kuwait.

For whatever reason people choose to tailgate or drive the way they do, it is clear that one person cannot make a difference.
All we can do is drive as carefully, lawfully and respectfully as we can and hope that it gets better.

Have you ever noticed that the same Arabs/Expat Arabs that you're talking about they never sleep on the Left Lane ?

Well that's the bright side of course..

Important Information

Terms of use