•  
Advertise here

Changing Spark Plugs

Hi,

I have a Pajero 2009 3.0 v6. can someone guide me to how to change the spark plugs on this vehicle because some times when starting the engine I notice a sound when like a plug is misfiring or not firing then after some seconds it is ok.. I am a bit of a DIY and used to change the plugs on my old datsun and suzuki back at home, but this is totally different.

One more thing , can anybody guide me where to get the Service and Workshop manual if its available anywhere. Thanks and Regards.

The first thing you'll need to do is remove the intake manifold and anything that is attached to it. Then remove the plugs from the coils. Next remove the 10mm bolts holding the coils and take the coils off and put them somewhere safe. Next remove the spark plugs with a deep 16mm socket. As the old Haynes manuals used to say, refitting is the reverse of removal. 

In the older models, it's possible to change the plugs without removing the manifold, it's just awkward. They changed the design in 2006 or 2007 and made it a pain in the ass. It's not overly difficult, just time consuming.

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...