•  
Advertise here

£3M of JLR engines stolen

Barry

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/criminals-steal-3-million-engines-12551952

£3 million of engines have been stolen from the JLR plant in Solihull, England. That's almost 15 million dirhams! 

The thieves drove into the plant in a stolen lorry, hitched up a trailer and were gone in under 6 minutes. After they got rid of the trailer, they came back and did it again!

It must have taken a lot of planning and seriously big balls to even attempt this. I think it had to be an inside job. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them made their way here. 

Wow, this sounds incredibly like a hollywood o bollywood movie scene. I am sure you are right that it was an inside job, or else how they would know what kind of forms were required to enter security gate without detection or suspect and do it twice. Than they drove of with  £3 million worth of engines through the same security gate.

Do you think they will get caught?

I am sure such factories will be insured, but in such a case do you think insurance companies will pay up?

Do you think that this was a delibrate action by LR due to failed engines which they want to recover from insurance and start working on a fresh project? Conspiracy theory.