•  
Advertise here

Kalba to Fujairah on-road scenic drive - 17 Feb 2017

Thanks everyone for joining and making this drive a truly "unforgettable family get-together" with lot of adventures. Started little late due to rough weather and those who reached early enjoyed a second round of breakfast at meeting point. In all we had 10 cars from sports cars - 4x4's. Soon after we started few cars got deviated from the route due to bad visibility in windy weather and lack of coordination. Once we all join back we straight head to Kalba area from Maleiha road to enjoy the most scenic mountain view in the UAE. Due to lost time, we only managed to stop in one place through the mountain range and everyone clicked enough pictures for their social media profile and family portraits.

Once we reached to Fujairah, to our our surprise whole corniche was closed due to some para games organized their from 18-24 Feb. We tried our luck for next Khorfakkan beach and we could find a sweet spot in grass and shade to settle all family and kids. By the time we reached khorfakkan, weather has changed completely for good and become very stable and pleasant (thank god). It was about 18-20 degrees with very slight drizzle (occasionally) along with nice and pleasant breeze. We settled down and opened our grand lunch buffet loaded with multi nationality specialty cuisine. Thanks everyone for bringing awesome finger licking food in such generous quantity for all. Next time for such Friday lunch, please skip the breakfast to save space for so many specialties.

After a sumptuous lazy Friday lunch, it was an action time for all ages. Toddlers and younger kids have enough beach rides and sand toys to keep them occupied. Few decided to stay back and enjoy the chill time at beach and keep an eye on kids. We went straight to our much awaited adventure rides. Thankfully all activities in Fujairah beach and khorfakkan beach are same, so we haven't lost anything by change of place. First of all we decided to hit the Jet ski and though it was my first time, so I learned very well after my first fall off the jet ski with Govind. It was an amazing experience and I can easily co-relate this with off-roading as if you really wanna enjoy then go as fast as you can to glide above the bumpy waves. 

After that we aim for para sailing, again it was my first time in such adventure sport so I was ready for all surprises. By the time I reach on top I realize this isn't an adventure sport, it's a scenic ride. It was so slow, serene and calming to glide in a parachute above the sea and enjoy the beautiful mountain view is far from scary and thrilling. It was as similar as in flying in cesna in low altitude and enjoy the city view in Dubai. The only sad part about this ride was it lasted in less than 5 minutes and we landed much before we can actually capture anything.

Last but not least almost everyone decided to go for a boat ride. More than the boat ride I personally enjoyed the real sport of negotiation with the boat guys as everyone offering different rates for per person and for full boat. So some of our expert negotiator's landed with different proposal and strategies to knock those boat guys down in a multi billion dollar deal, lol. Finally after 15-20 minutes of sporting session both parties came to an agreement and all of us went for a much awaited boat ride. As we reached half way, we realized that this boat trip was not for dropping all of us to the island but just to show the island and come back. Surprise.....! Anyways in the middle of Arabian Sea none of our expert negotiator's thought of challenging the boat guy and we quietly decided to come back to shore with a hope that next time we will visit that island.

Overall it was one fully loaded road trip + family get-together + picnic + special lunch + endless adventures in super perfect weather on the beach. By 7:00 PM, we all started packing up our cars and ending up with a discussion for our next week location, which is already decided now and will be soon announced in trips section. It's a very special, unique and hidden "natural lake" in the desert. Hope to see everyone for this special surprise, as 90% of the people haven't visited this lake in UAE.

DSC_8167.jpg

DSC_8170.jpg

DSC_8178.jpg

DSC_8179.jpg

DSC_8183.jpg

DSC_8184.jpg

DSC_8190.jpg

DSC_8191.jpg

DSC_8194.jpg

DSC_8195.jpg

DSC_8207.jpg

DSC_8210.jpg

DSC_8212.jpg

DSC_8222.jpg

DSC_8236.jpg

DSC_8238.jpg

DSC_8248.jpg

DSC_8249.jpg

DSC_8264.jpg

DSC_8290.jpg

DSC_8301.jpg

DSC_8329.jpg

DSC_8344.jpg

DSC_8364.jpg

DSC_8368.jpg

DSC_8390.jpg

DSC_8393.jpg

DSC_8398.jpg

DSC_8402.jpg

DSC_8406.jpg

DSC_8418.jpg

DSC_8419.jpg

DSC_8420.jpg

DSC_8425.jpg

DSC_8427.jpg

DSC_8428.jpg

DSC_8440.jpg

DSC_8442.jpg

DSC_8445.jpg

DSC_8446.jpg

DSC_8451.jpg

DSC_8456.jpg

• Like (+1) 5

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

This is awkward, I am lost for words.

Thank you Gaurav bhai for the great initiative and an amazing route and drive ending with a different kind of an adventure, loads of food and smiles on every face in our group. To top it all of what a wonderful trip report which takes me back to the drive and the moments that made the drive a successful one, with pictures which will stay ingrained in our memories forever. Thank you Girish Sir and Govind bhai for sharing the amazing pcs. We had a very young explorer and adventurer on our journey nic-named Happy and that about sums up the feeling within the group throughout our trip. Thank you to all for an amazing lunch which was so much and so well prepared that Gaurav bhai and I decided to just have a taste of everything, and I was so full that I barely had my dinner last night.

At the end the choice was discussed with the group for the next adventure and a unanimous decision was reached which will be posted shortly. As described by Gaurav Bhai it is going to be a natural lake in the middle of the desert, which is completely different to the man-made lakes in Al Qudra area. It is the promise of a drive where normal saloons can go through and there are beautiful and slightly challenging dunes to satisfy those who have been bitten by the desert bug. Hope to see our regulars and many more on the upcoming scenic, plus off-road drive.

• Like (+1) 3

@Gaurav salute and respect. Loved the music really good pick and excellent footage. When driving I was see the beauty as a whole, but did not pick up on the details. this video just gave me a much better picture of the terrain we dove through. Love the way you put the pics and video of your flight together. It was absolutely amazing. Now we have 2 videos for the drive, one by Jignesh and the other by Gaurav, both with a very different feel. Well done guys. Bravo.