•  
Advertise here

Chev tahoe vs Toyota Land Crusiesr

taqir

I had to make a similar choice last year, and ended up buying a new Land Cruiser 5.7. Although it is more expensive, and on paper a less of a good deal; in the real world I found it the better choice. The Land Cruiser design and ride is old-school; I like that. Its ranked in the top of dependable and durable SUV's. There is lots of sound proofing and rubber isolation that disconnects you from the road; ride is sweet, and uneven patches on the road you can hardly hear and feel. The other thing, I am a heavy and tall guy; the seats in the Land Cruiser were more comfortable for my build and they felt more solid in their design. No sign of an rattles and squeaks in the interior; its a great experience not to hear those when driving over uneven roads. For the rest, a Land Cruiser has a lot of hidden mechanical over-engineering; they are designed and build for a 25 year service life; thicker windows and body panels than industry average, stainless steel exhaust and a drive train that is hard to fault; also after years of use and abuse. Excellent off road vehicle, even without mods. 

I do like the Tahoe, I test drove a 16" of my friend for 3 days. Great SUV, very modern, comfortable. I like the seats, and the interior design; way more efficient than the Land Cruiser. I liked the ride too, miss the typical truck ride, and a bit noisy on uneven roads; its designed to ride with road feel and connection to the road to have better road holding. That is a compromise with comfort. On the quality side, I am sure they are OK, but they are not over engineered. 

In the end, I am sure any choice made will lead to happiness... 

• 2 years later...
On 2/21/2017 at 8:45 PM, desertdude said:

Tahoe any day of the week and twice on Sunday. This whole realibilty thing is now just nothing but a myth now. Jap cars have just about as much electrickery than anything else and neither is maintenance or parts any cheaper. Tahoe much more roomier much more options a better ride and wasn't hit by every branch on the ugly tree on it ways down like the Land Cruiser. Tahoe is a solid cruiser and many in safaris also use this and i know some that are over 250k Plus kms and still look and drive great. I will also thrown in the Toyota Sequoia in this mix. That thing is big and comfortable and the engine on that is super bitchin 0-100 in just over 6 secs can smoke most sedans and So called sports coupes in a straight line drag, with 3rd row seats which can actually seat 2 adults comfortably. Also look into the Nissan Armada. Going cheap nowadays and Sequoia standards to boot

You Mean Twice on Friday! Thats the only off Few people get a week you know in GCC

On 10/13/2019 at 2:23 PM, DiamondDallas said:

You Mean Twice on Friday! Thats the only off Few people get a week you know in GCC

You do realize this is a 2 1/2 year old post.

• Haha (+1) 4