•  
Advertise here

Wadi Shawka Adventurous Drive - 3 March 2017

Just now, skumar83 said:

Thanks Gaurav for updating the list. Looking forward to tomorrow's drive.

Welcome back buddy, looking forward to seeing you after long time.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

14 minutes ago, habeebafett said:

What an amazing clicks habeeb. In such big group we don't see all actions around us and relive the missing moments with others camera lens, like I never saw my son wearing that hat, damn cute capture. Duck close-up was also very nice and high quality.

Waiting for all others camera pics now.

Wow these are the amazing drive pics. Wondering how Pajero can keep up in such wild track, you have left your car behind and walk across or driven inside the wadi with the cars?

What started with lot of oops, turned out to be an awesome wadi experience. I and @Rahimdad been to wadi after several years of break and soon after we posted this Wadi Shawka drive, I have cautioned by an old friend (Faisal) saying that it's no longer a place for family anymore as during Friday's there's lot of rush on the dam area. With this fear in mind I did the recce trip on Wednesday and scouted 3 places for plan A, B and C. Thankfully by god's grace we really got lucky with Plan B and managed to secure an awesome waterfront spot with swans and lot of shade with refreshing breeze.

Overall we had 9 cars: Ford Escape, VW Touareg, Toyota Prado, Jeep Wrangler, 2 x Nissan Pathfinders and 3 x Mitsubishi Pajero's. We started soon after the Friday prayer and went straight to the Shawka Dam through little off-road patch starting from Canyon parking connecting to the Dam area. As soon as we reached there Faisal's prophecy came true as there were no shaded area left for us, as there were already too many people and cars around. Tried to find a sweet spot under the dam area, but failed. Although everyone was hungry by now, but they chose the hunt for shaded spot over the food. We decided to trail back to canyon parking to detour towards the area behind the dam. This drive gave everyone enough food for their eyes that they actually forgot how hungry they are. After a little exploring we found the sweetest spot in Wadi Showka, right in front of Dam water with swans and covered with shade right under the big mountain shadow. We unpacked the cars and laid down the lunch setup. By the time @waqaszohair started his amazing chicken bbq, other folks open the snack counter for sandwiches and other side items. Kids started exploring the mountain climb and then feeding the swans in dam water. For starting our very late lunch we all sat down under the mountain shadow and enjoyed the multi cuisine lunch with so many different flavors. Thanks everyone for bringing such an amazing choices of food in good quantity, which always force to over-eat.

Soon after the lunch and photo session was over, we did a quick poll of who wants to further drive in river bed or stay there and play games. All hands up, majority wins the river bed drive and we all started packing up our cars to rush before it gets dark. After little exploring we actually found small to medium size of water pools to splash and everyone was so happy and excited after the water wading experience by dodging the big wadi boulders. Although sun was getting down and we got to reach almost dead-end in the Shawka bed, so we decided to turn back and end this beautiful drive. All cars drove very well and followed the safety brief and instructions during the water crossing, and all cars came out with zero causalities and happy faces. It was an awesome wadi drive mixed with couple of different off-road flavor, but the mix was quite enough to excite everyone and enjoy their much-earned Friday with great company.

All the pictures are uploaded in new Carnity Gallery section for better retention and quick access in the future.

My Images: Wadi Shawka - 3 march 2017

P.S. Request everyone to please upload their images there and including any of their previous drives.

I was very excited for this wadi trip and had a fear also as I had not been to a wadi in a long time. We had delayed this trip over the last couple of weeks due to the weather keeping in mind that we wanted a safe passage for everyone. By God's grace we were blessed by having the best spot in the valley with a nice lake where we fed the ducks, children and adults had plenty of fun with this activity. The food from all was awesome, Haseeb bringing my favorite parathas and Waqas doing some magic with his drilled chicken, Kavin bought dishes I could not recognize, but only enjoy and Girish Kaka got some manly potatoes which were deliciously different. The later drive through a narrow path between the mountains and some puddles just gave us a taste of what the wadi would have been during the rains and why it is so dangerous venturing out in them during the rains. All managed well including my mate from my office, Rahul, who thoroughly enjoyed himself and could not believe what is Ford Escape managed during this trip.

All in all, awesome company as usual, with some amazing food, a dream wadi  and weather which was just right for this kind of a trip. Thank you to all participants and special thanks to Gaurav Bhai for all the hard work which eventually was rewarded by a trip which will have people raving till the next one.

P.S. A separate gallery to highlight all our trips and much more seems like a very good idea, and people who do not want to read the words and just have a glance through all the pics will have the opportunity to do so without going through a whole thread. Kudos Team Carnity for such a brilliant idea. 3 thumbs up.

I am still waiting for the pictures from rest of the 5 people out of 9. Like I said before everyone has to contribute to the community and post pictures here after the drive. It doesn't matter if its mobile or SLR, it doesn't matter if its 2 or 20, please start posting pictures to share good moments.

P.S. If you have not clicked any, then start taking few for your contribution from next drive.

Here is the beautiful video to summarize our precious moments.

• Like (+1) 1

Amazing video @Gaurav bhai. It just seems that you are getting better and better every time you make one of these memorable videos. Amazingly hard work goes in to making these a reality. Which brings me to your point about posting our memories on the Gallery so that they can be preserved for a lifetime. I have been one of the culprit and I will try to click a few on my next drive onward and try to post the same here. I might need your help to post the first few pics, but rest assured, once I know how its done I will be regularly posting a few on every trip from coming Friday.