•  
Advertise here

Drive to Sweihan Sand Mountains - 10 March 2017

First and foremost I would like to THANK the real Hero behind the scene, without whose support this drive wouldn't have been possible. On Thursday evening I went to get my car speaker wiring changed at Barry's workshop and finished work at 9:30 PM. After that we have spotted little fuel smell from my Pajero engine bay, and after further investigation we found that one of the injector is leaking fuel in the engine bay. With leaking fuel my car was in no state to make it for Sweihan drive. After day long shift and after extended hour barry still decided to fix my car so that Carnity Sweihan drive can go as per schedule. He fixed the car by midnight by endless tiring effort to support this intermediate level Sweihan ho-ha drive for which everyone was so excited.

I really want to thank @Barry for his continuous support and love for this car community. God bless you man and I am very sorry to hold you for so long and spoiling your weekend.

Trip Report:

After lot of effort in sketching the newbie track through google earth, I thought we are well prepared to venture newbies in Sweihan but I have been proven wrong miserably with so many challenges that in end we all love the altered plan and drive route. Initially drive got really delayed as all new radios need to be set, which @Rahimdad has set all 3 radios with a big smile instead of seeing my frustrated face over loosing so much time......! As soon we are about to start, someone spotted that @Mujtaba Jeep's one of BFG tire has almost lost the tread chunks and wires are sprouting out, so we got to stay back more and change that to spare wheel. To my real wild surprise spare wheel was 9 years old and now we are sitting on a bigger risk to drive or not to drive in with his Jeep. After all this we decided to venture in and see what we can go through. 

All the points that I have marked gone for a toss as whole area now is fenced heavily that we literally have to waste 30 minutes to get inside by constantly trying to find an open spot. We deflated by 3 PM (2 hours delay) and started the drive and almost everyone kept a good pace in this first leg without any incidents or major stuck. We break for late lunch by 4 and had a quick bite with most yummiest food brought by everyone. Thanks @waqaszohair for bringing those amazing food choices including the awesome dessert. Thanks @Saadia waqas for planning that in advance in waqas absence. Soon after lunch we started the drive and heard the thumping noise from Jeep's tire, which was already almost deflated to 0 psi. Pumped it back and thought of exiting Mujtaba jeep to track so rest of us can continue, but unanimous decision said we all stick together and slowly exit and slowly drive near the track. Leading in front with Jeep with 3 tires as a second lead, gave me enough chills to find an exit strategy asap, coz still we have to cross the medium and long range dunes to get out to the pylon track and that was the toughest task to do to find the nearest exit because all area near that track was also fenced by multiple layers. Just before the sunset we were fully stuck inside the barbed wire maze where we cross one fence to get inside the another fenced area. After wasting an hour in the maze, we decided to back track to cleaner dunes to exit from other side and thankfully this idea worked and we all exited on road by close to 7:30 PM.

Waqas as his second off-road drive started with lot of fear and unexpected feeling, but he ended up the drive as a seasoned off-roader who knows how to handle Sweihan level serious terrain. He showed totally amazing learning curve in few hours, keep it up. It was fun to see @skumar83 to joining back and his response to this terrain was terrific with zero stuck. @jason200 and his jeep Grand Cherokee are becoming better and better on every off-road drive, sorry to see the seat belt pretensioner stuck after little bumpy ride, I am sure dealer will fix it in warranty and also advise you how to reset such issue in future, after all it's a Jeep - whose made for off-road more than the road. Last but not least, thanks to @Rahimdad and his trusty pathy to keep an eagle eye on all lads at sweep and made sure everyone follows the convoy discipline that really resulted all of us to exit out safely.

During so much challenges, this time I haven't clicked too many pics but my share is uploaded in Carnity's Gallery:

https://carnity.com/gallery/category/9-sweihan-sand-mountains-10-march-2017/

Thanks Waqas for clicking great shots you truly understand how to contribute in a community. Waiting to see more pics from everyone now.

3 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

Very nicely captured @waqaszohair and thank you for the awesome food. @Gaurav bhai, you sey the standards very high, nobody in their wildest dream could imagine taking some newbies into Sweihan. But extensive research from your side meant everybody went in and came back out without any incidents. It was a shame that @Mujtaba bhai had problems with his tires, but as a group leader you made the right choices and we managed to tackle everything very smoothly.

Thanks @Rahimdad bhai, for all your support, guidance and patience. We all learn a lot from your experiences.

• Like (+1) 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@Barry thank you for saving the day. It would be impossible to have any kind of a drive with Carnity if either @Gaurav bhai or me are missing. @Gaurav bhai explained to me how you worked the extra hours with a smile and we love you for your passion and support.

@Gaurav bhai, you always say that God is great and since we work sincerely hand in hand to support each other for such drives, He alone gives us this success rate. Thanks to God.

• Like (+1) 1

@Gaurav @Rahimdad you are both very welcome. Much love. Isn't it funny how these things seem to get fixed much quicker late at night?

@jason200 and anyone else who is having problems with seatbelt tensioners firing on rough terrain, you can remove the SRS fuse before going off road which will disable the system. Although be aware, you will have no airbags if anything happens which may or may not be a good thing but it will save you from having to replace a lot of things if you have a little bump. Sadly, the belt tensioners are a single use only thing that cannot be repaired, once they have fired, they need replaced.

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks @waqaszohair @Rahimdad and @Mujtaba for uploading your pictures, every effort counts.

I am still waiting and hoping to see some drive pictures from @skumar83 and @jason200

Here is the drive video:

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

5 Star rating for the video and the amazing effort that you put into every drive before in planning the drive. During the drive in execution of the drive and keeping every one engaged and safe. Last but not the least in posting pictures and closer to the heart your videos of the drive that put the cherry on the cake. One video after another, going through the effort every week of taking clips from your gopro, assessing material that can be used and putting it together with amazing mix of music and engine revs to give us the final product. Great effort and it shows in your videos every week.