•  
Advertise here

Malfunction Indicator P0335

Nissan Sunny 2013 indicate Malfunction symbol I went garage and check the car,  they check with computer and number it show P0335, Mechanic diagnose crankshaft position sensor (POS) need to replace, I done it and deleted symbol from car.  After one week again the symbol appearing some time my car lack of power when pressing accelerator RPM increasing like more than 6 but meter going 40 km only.  Sometime work normally but feel Engine more raising....can any one help me to sort it out.....thank you

IMG-20161127-WA0012 (1).jpg

Well to start clearing the code without fixing the real issue, often surface the same problem again after few days or week. More than likely I suspect same here. Have you seen the P0335 fault code in first instance by your eyes or trusted the mechanic words over the phone? If no, then stop trusting people over the phone. If yes, have you actually debug further what does this fault code actually points to and what all possible ways to fix it: in order from less expensive to most expensive. This way you will debug the right cause in most cost effective way and that's what any sane and honest mechanic should be doing it without even telling. Some time car throw the fault code coz of loosely close fuel filter cap, or loose wiring or loose sensor, so first response has to be correct all these and eliminate whatever you can do it yourself without replacing anything and clear the code and see if it re-appear. Then go with replacing stuff and so on.

@Barry should be able to offer free scan of your car and also advise you what exactly needed now to fix it and then you can decide further. He is very trusted mechanic and maintaining all my cars currently especially my 18 years old Pajero. And I couldn't be more happier with my Pajero prime performance after latest barry's engine work he carried out. Sheer perfection and honest mechanic I have met after many years in Dubai.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

This fault code, as almost any other fault is more likely to involve wiring issues than a defective sensor. Just replacing the sensor without checking and repairing issues like bad connections, high resistances, or intermittent loss of contact in the sensor's control system is like taking candy for a migraine headache.

You need to take the car back to the mechanic who replaced the sensor, and demand that he perform continuity, resistance, reference voltage (if applicable), and ground connectivity checks on all the wiring that is associated with the crank position sensor. You will likely find that the issue was not a defective sensor, but a problem in the wiring.

Or, as Gaurav suggested, take the car to Barry, who is a competent, professional mechanic who will find, and fix the REAL problem.

Edited by treks
  • Like (+1) 2

Thanks treks, for putting my layman thoughts in technical language.

batcha: It's Barry not berry of strawberry, but you can take any berry candy for barry. His number is 052 1742967, if switch off leave a text message or call after few hours.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Feel free to give me a call anytime on the above number and as Gaurav said, if my phone is off just send me a text or whatsapp and I'll get back to you. I'm working on a few different projects at the minute so my phone isn't always on.