•  
Advertise here

Thrilling dune bashing from Murqquab to Lisalli - 17 March 2017

With every carnity drive setting newbie level higher and higher, so this week demands bit more challenging and thrilling terrain of Murqquab to Lisalli. It's a combination of various set of dunes from small - med - large, where smaller takes the name of nasty technical dunes and big dunes demand good momentum to continue riding until you are through to a flat area. This time I plan to introduce ridge riding, slip face attack and side sloping. These all three are expert level skills, but we will start learning these in the intermediate terrain to give time to absorb and react. This area is very famous for Gazelle sighting so riding with your best long range camera is highly advisable.

When: 17 March 2017
Meeting time: 12:30 PM
Starting time: 01:00 PM (SHARP) soon after Friday prayer

Where: Mosque inside the Marqquab area.
GPS Coordinate:  https://goo.gl/maps/n3iAGB7m2KJ2
Level of drive: Intermediate

Type of drive: Although it's not a typical family drive, but feel free to bring them if they like more of drive time
Plan: Lunch and Learn advance sand off-road driving
What to bring along: Ready lunch (no bbq), water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn

Approximate finish time: 6 PM

Safety advice:

1. All vehicles should have proper tow hook in front and back
  2. Drive is open only for proper 4x4 vehicles, not for SUV's and Sedan's
  3. Vehicle should have minimum 10-12 inches of ground clearance
  4. Every vehicle should have proper shovel, tow rope, tire pressure gauge, deflator, inflator and two way radio

murqquab desert.jpg

murqquab.jpg

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thanks buddy, will do that for sure as I myself got stuck in those nasty technical dunes few years back chasing the gazelles. Those gazelles are trained to make any 4x4 crested, after all they are running for their life.

Wow @Gaurav bhai. What an idea sirjee.

This is one of the most amazing tracks that I can remember. I first did this track behind you @desertdude and we ended up in Lisali where we had sand formations. I hope we can touch that area again with the sand formations. Insha Allah I am in with full support. Just one suggestion Gaurav Bhai. Can we please have the meet up at the mosque in Marquab instead of the petrol station, so that we can deflate and head in straight away?

https://goo.gl/maps/n3iAGB7m2KJ2

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

Wow @Gaurav bhai. What an idea sirjee.

This is one of the most amazing tracks that I can remember. I first did this track behind you @desertdude and we ended up in Lisali where we had sand formations. I hope we can touch that area again with the sand formations. Insha Allah I am in with full support. Just one suggestion Gaurav Bhai. Can we please have the meet up at the mosque in Marquab instead of the petrol station, so that we can deflate and head in straight away?

https://goo.gl/maps/n3iAGB7m2KJ2

Done sir, nice suggestion and it will save more time for deflation and briefing. Thanks.

28 minutes ago, Mujtaba said:

Count me in guys and pls add my friend Rajesh 0554564742 also I have advised him to register as well which will be done soon. 

Regards 

Hope he is riding with you.....?

If he is driving, please make sure that he is at intermediate level and his experience and car can support this level of drive.

Thanks Gaurav Bhai for taking my suggestion in consideration and implementing the change.

I agree with Gaurav bhai regarding Rajesh. Since we have not seen him on the previous drives we are unsure about his level. This particular terrain is also not an easy one to manage. In this scenario we would like Rajesh to self access himself and make sure that he will be able to manage this drive in a tough terrain without any issues. Else I would recommend him to wait for a newbie level drive so that he can build his self-confidence and we can build our confidence in him.

Finally the route is ready for Friday drive, by eliminating almost all of the nasty small technical dunes. Pure fun at high speed.

Total offroad track coming to 20 kms so we really got to push at high speed and hope for minimum stuck downtime or else we will be driving in dark again.

Everyone please charge your radio (overnight), check all tires (including spare), check tow hook, and check everything in your ride to be in perfect pristine condition for this drive.

Murqquab to lisalli Track.JPG

I have confirmed with him he says he is an intermediate level driver so it should not be much of an issue. If it all you feel he wouldn't be able to manage I will tell ask him to return back if it is okay. Otherwise we will take him with us and he can park his car somewhere and be a passenger.