•  
Advertise here

Thrilling dune bashing from Murqquab to Lisalli - 17 March 2017

3 hours ago, Saadia waqas said:

Gaurav Bhai. Are there any families coming in Nd is it advisable for me with the children to come along with waqas. Plzzz advice. 

Hi Saadia, please forgive us and waqas bhai for this drive even as it is gonna be bit fast and challenging, not fit for kids for sure.

However, on a bright side just last night we announced nice family drive in sand and with bbq in end for next Friday. As I've been getting lot of calls and email for one since we did Shawka drive. Please sign up here and I def need your hand made tikka, it was just awesome.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Gaurav Bhai we would love to join in for the picnic but I'm afraid tht we won't be able to do so for nxt week as it's shazaibs birthday on Friday. 

Keep it in the week after 24 march and I promise a big batch of chicken tikkas only for you. Wat do you say. Plzzz shift it on the Friday after 24 march. We would love to join in for sure. As we really enjoyed the shakwa drive 

Thanks Saadia, added the Waqas name in the list.

For next Friday, we will see what we can do in next few days time in case other's also have an issue for 24 March, or else we will plan one more family drive soon after.

Everyone please arrange the flag for your off-road cars, as it's a safety requirement to install flag on your car so that person behind the tall dune can be notified in-time. Something like in pic below

Capture.JPG

This was the MOST AMAZING drive we have ever had in carnity so far.

• Blessed with perfect weather
  • Very challenging but manageable terrain
  • Awesome cars and drivers
  • Beautiful company with great food
  • 100's of gazelle's sighting

Drive started almost on time and everyone was briefed with drive's key objective to enhance their off-road skills for ridge riding, side sloping and slip face attack. With little stuck's and refusal in beginning we maintained the good pace and as we progressed everyone kept the great momentum. Both @Mujtaba and @waqaszohair shown the great learning curving by coping up in this intermediate drive with expert level skills. I really appreciate the way they have handle and tackle such area with great confidence soon after very few drives. Thanks to @evoboy2016 and Shilpa for joining us as an early morning surprise and for taking such great pictures. Thanks @Rahimdad for keeping an eagle eye at sweep and keep on sketching plan B route to get through the stuck convoy. And last but not least, special thanks to today's technology and google earth mapping to let us drive in medium size most yummiest dunes by avoiding the small technical dunes, which in this area are in abundance. As I remember few years back we have done this area where 90% of the cars were stuck at same time in those technical dunes by chasing gazelles.

Just by chance, our lunch spot was blessed with gazelles farm and for the first time in my life I have seen over 100's of gazelle's in one area. Following the carnity "eating together" tradition, everyone got plenty of delicious food, which actually make these drive more memorable and meaningful when we all sit together and enjoy Friday lunch with nature topped with endless jokes. Just after our lunch we have had little bit of drizzle and that set the mood for all drivers with great spirit to drive under the shade of cloud with pleasant breeze and tiny bit of rain. After our lunch we continued the remaining 6 out of 8 way points and enjoyed on every possible dune by going totally wild side sloping, ridge riding and endless slip face attacks. This part of the drive was most thrilling and exciting for everyone, where they have to follow the car in front with just enough momentum to not to loose them without getting too close. After getting enough confidence from the convoy, I thoroughly enjoyed leading this section as to not to worry much about the cars behind me, as they were keeping an excellent pace in toughest and fastest of the situation. Everyone has a big victory smile on their faces whenever we stop and they happily jump back in a flash to conquer more dunes.

Soon after the mid way I hit my car exhaust from bottom turning my V6 exhaust note to V8 note with loud and screaming drone (bit irritating), but we still continued the dunes and enjoyed it thoroughly. By 5 PM we got to head out little early so left one waypoint and covered almost 90% as per the plan, which is very commendable for this type of area. We drove about 40 Kms out of which 30 kms was dunes and 10 kms was track. By 6 PM we have exited out and voting started for the best driver for this drive, unfortunately voting tied by same number of votes 3:3. Once again we got to toss the coin and this time due to some confusion both choose for the same side and we ended up with two winners for the best driver, thankfully both received the same prize (23 pieces ratchet, bits & socket set). By now my car noise has increased tremendously that I can no longer drive it on road without attracting cops attention, so went down to inspect the damage and how we can minimize the noise. To my surprise the flange of catalytic converter and main exhaust pipes was set wide open and only hanging with one bolt without the nut on the other side and lower nut-bolt was totally missing. As a first attempt, secured it with a tie-down strap and locked in place to see the effect, but tie-down strap might not last long enough as polyester strap will soon melt with exhaust temperature. So removed the big bolt out and couldn't find that size nut, so Rahimdad Jack has to sacrifice one nut out of it's wheel and made the exhaust hold fairly tight in one spot. We replaced the second nut bolt with smaller size nut with washers and made it work after an hour of collective teamwork for on-site repair that reduced the noise by 90%. 

Overall it was an amazing drive that we all have enjoyed together and helped each other with good community spirit and will definitely remember these great memories for very long time.

Here are my share of pictures uploaded in the gallery, hope to see other pics soon:

https://carnity.com/gallery/category/10-murqquab-to-lisalli-17-march-2017/

• Like (+1) 1

Total route from Murqquab to Lisalli

IMG_2818.jpg

Best driver prize

IMG_2815.jpg

Exhaust onsite repair by teamwork

IMG_2821.jpg

Chilling with SUPERMAN

IMG_2836.jpg

• Like (+1) 1