•  
Advertise here

Thrilling dune bashing from Murqquab to Lisalli - 17 March 2017

Thank you @Gaurav bhai at being brave to post such a challenging drive and accepting all participants with open arms. It was a brave move to make and very trusting to allow one and all to join this challenging trip. Where you have praised the Google Earth to have mapped the terrain so well that we managed to move through easier terrain where a little left or little right and we would be in there till next Saturday, I should praise your eyes and the homework done to get the convoy through with minimum hassles. It was tasking for me to be in the sweep and when it was announced that we need to take the track out was the time I actually saw the drivers gain more confidence and started to understand the balance between when to give power and when to let go, which actually got me relaxed, it was the time I started to enjoy the drive. As I realized later it was a good decision and I enjoyed seeing you work under your rig and thanks to @waqaszohair, Joseph and Shilpa who stayed back to help. It was a sense of achievement and a proud moment to here the Pajero lion roar a lot smoother than the Pajero Mustang which was audible from a fair distance.

My day was made when I received a call from Joseph that he was coming and when he added that Shilpa had finished her exams and would like to join too, I was excited to meet them after a long time. What got the trip even more exciting was a little cloud cover and slight drizzle during our lunch break which made the weather awesome. During the trip Shilpa commented that I reminded her of her father, this for me is the highest compliment as a daughter always idolizes her father and I am humbled that you think so highly of me. During the fag end of the trip there where a couple of videos made of driving at high speeds next to all the cars and taking a footage of what seemed amazing to me at that time, and a beautiful message for Carnity.com I cannot wait for Joseph and Shilpa to share all those good times in the Gallery and preserve those moments for life.

I do not have any pics to post, I could maybe get away by saying that I was kept to busy in the sweep, but the truth is I was lazy as Joseph and Shilpa were just clicking away and giving me all the time to concentrate on the sweep duties. Sorry.

All in all a very handsome drive by some very handsome dudes and a pretty lady to cross a very difficult stretch with minimum down time and a lot of fun. I must add that Waqas Bhai was the quickest of learners I have ever seen and I am impressed with his growth and a calm head over some responsible shoulders which is why my vote went with him, but this does not mean that I did not enjoy watching Mujtaba handle the terrain to the best of his ability and at the end I was happy to equal votes for both Waqas and Mujtaba and even happier to see both parties come out as winners. Well done.

MotionX doesnt allow google maps to be downloaded for offline use, but you can use google maps with 4G and before entering the no network area just cache the area by scrolling around at desired zoom. It's a bit tedious job, but this trick worked for me so far, hope it helps.

Second tip is use etisalat sim, as they have MUCH better 3G and 4G coverage in remote off-road areas.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thanks everyone for sharing the pictures and videos, very good community spirit shown.

Just like the drive, video turn out to be equally amazing with all team effort. Enjoy.

• Like (+1) 1

Thrilling dune bashing experience report from Shilpa and Joseph with our Superman

• Like (+1) 1

Sends chills down my spine. Such a wonderful drive with such amazing people and the thrill captured so well with excellent commentary from Shilpa. Thank you Gaurav Bhai for an excellent video posted and thanks to Shilpa for recording such a heartfelt message as the drive was just about to conclude.