•  
Advertise here

TRANSFER BOX REQUIRED - REBUILD

Sharjah market opposite Troy (american university). Dont go for rebuild as it will cost you lot more than used one from Japanese or US imported cars. Just for throwing numbers my guess is, it should cost you around 1500 -2000 dhs or even less.

Thank you

I am actually based in Qatar and it has not been possible to get one here at all. If you are able to advise a contact number at the market I can make an enquiry about buying and shipping a second hand one here if possible.

If I get a good price I will fly over and collect - I have been quoted 10k QAR here for a new one which on a 2006 model.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Neil

• 3 weeks later...

If you are in Qatar then its very hard for you to deal as usually all scrappy don't entertain phone queries even if you google some or check them on wikimapia or google earth. Also there are very high chances of them shipping you busted transfer box may be knowingly or may be unknowingly as they get these parts out of the cars so no way to check out unless installed.

Best way to my mind is you can source some mechanic or workshop in sharjah / Dubai that can source one in good condition from his trustworthy scrap dealer and go personally to double check 100% as much as he can (w/o installation) and ship it to you. You can offer him some good pay out for all this labor and intelligence. This setup still is not 100% guaranteed to work, but surely it will have better success rate of 80-90%.