•  
Advertise here

RTA Fines - new strict fines are coming

brandan

New set of RTA fines for all UAE emirates gonna be implemented soon and they seem to be very strict this time with heavy monetary fines, impounding vehicles and black points.

• All passengers seat belt is mandatory or fine for 400 dhs - VERY NICE
  • Drunk driving - license bye bye for 1 year - AMAZING
  • Best is reckless driving now 3000 dhs fine with 23 black points and 60 days vehicle impounding. WOW EXCELLENT

I can see some great and really thoughtful thinking in authorities head before coming up with such nice penalties for road users here. It's really much needed considering the everyday traffic madness. Good job RTA and Police

• Like (+1) 2

Honestly, I don't think the fines are big enough to be a deterrent but I would love to see them well enforced, especially the seatbelt one. It only takes one person in a car not wearing their seatbelt to kill everyone else. 

• Like (+1) 1

Cant wait!!!

I am amazed the amount of children I see sitting on parcel shelf....5 in the back seat.....Nannies with Babies on there knee with a seat belt wrapped around both!

I have 4 children and the car does not move until they are in and belted up!

Stay Safe

Greg

• Like (+1) 2

I agree, best is the seat belt rule and also they should get a strict rule for maximum people in the car = number of seat belt that car has.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

My dad always beat it into us when we were kids, wear your seatbelt. And like @GregBhoy he wouldn't drive until we were belted up. When I first got my license, I had to drive my brother everywhere. He would try to show off by not wearing it because my dad wasn't there. We had many long standoffs just sitting in car parks, him refusing to put his belt on and me refusing to drive until he did. Seat belts have saved my life on more than one occasion, twice in rollovers, once in a head on crash, a few times I tried to find a way into fields without using a gate, one time I decided to find out how far a lamp post was buried into the ground, you get the idea. Wear your seatbelt, lambast anyone who doesn't.

Re: Drink driving, what was the punishment before? I had always assumed it was a ban.

This is a great move because the goverment is just thinking of the people. They are doing this kind of stuff in order protect the people from reckless drivers and road violators

• Like (+1) 1