•  
Advertise here

Scenic drive to Jabal Jais - highest point in UAE - 31 Mar 2017

What started as a simple mountain drive, ended up with a big birthday surprise for our darling superman @Rahimdad and that was truly a priceless feeling to see his expressions and reaction.

As we all have seen his endless support in all the carnity drive's and forum, so this was the time to return a fraction of his love. We were planning this surprise since two weeks on secret whatsapp group: To cut his bday cake on highest point in the UAE. Everyone came up with great ideas and suggestion to make his bday as memorable as possible. Everyone shared the responsibilities and help making the perfect ambiance for his 45th birthday cake on top of Jabal Jais at 1700 m (recorded). Great teamwork.

We all met at ADNOC station near tasjeel Village and started as planned with 6 cars: 2 sedan's and 4 4x4. By the time we reached the tip of Jabal Jais weather was getting hotter and hotter closer to 35 degrees. Thankfully in the morning time on Friday there were no traffic at all, so we had a clean access to this beautiful and most scenic mountain surrounding drive. As we drove up and up, we literally witnessed temperature dropping a degree every 500m or so. We stopped in between at a viewpoint that offered the world's best photography opportunity by showing the snaky road at the backdrop below and twisty mountain on the both sides. After bit of family and fun poses, we continue driving to the top. By 11 am we reached the top of Jabal jais till tramac area as after that it was closed due to ongoing roadworks. We decided to park in an area to setup our birthday bash. As decided and agreed among all of us, by the time we are on top I will take Rahim bhai away so that everyone else can prepare the setup, to my surprise Rahim bhai came to me and told that instead of setting up here, why can't we go little bit down and drive offroad for much better scenic spot. I used this as an excuse and definitely spotted a great spot. Spend 15 minutes there and by the time we came back @jason200, @waqaszohair, @Saadia waqas, @sohini, @Kavin, @Abdul Basit Khan made an awesome arrangement by sticking all Rahim bhai pictures on the car, sticking ballon on the car side view mirror, wrapped a table in white cloth to have the superman cake waiting for Rahim bhai. We cut the cake their and enjoyed the celebration with Rahim bhai favorite Ferrero cake.

Afterward, we move to another spot for much breezy access in 30+ degree heat. In that area heat real feel was like 20 degree due to ongoing mountain breeze. In this awesome scenic spot, we enjoyed the lunch and chit chat for an hour. Then people who want to leave for Friday prayer, went down and came back up to spend some more time in sitting on top of 1700 meter tall peak with friends and family. We even ventured our 4x4 to mountain climbing contest and soon couple of folks around us came to ask permission if they can click their pictures with our car, lol. Thanks everyone for bringing enough and amazing food, fruits and drinks to cherish those great moments. It was super nice to see Rahim bhai mom and Kavin's mom and dad on this adventurous drive. Hope the elderly people also had a good time and hopefully we made sure that everyone from 2 years old - 60 years old went back with a smile. Thanks Rahim bhai for such sweet return gift for all the kids and mommies, you are a true superman. By 3 pm, we all decided to pack our cars and head down and at this time we witnessed 100's of car going up and waiting to make this mountain as a fish market. After coming down, we stopped near one of the water pond (not lake) and waiting for some jeepers to turn out for the mud playing, like I and Rahim witnessed few years back and then that guy cried for cleaning up later on.

Overall it was yet another awesome day spent together and made a brilliant celebration (as planned) for the birthday boy oops old man ;-)

IMG_3033.JPG

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

What could be better than experiencing the best birthday ever. Having it beautifully written in a place where I can live through my best birthday ever again and again. This write up is just as wonderful as the thoughts that went behind to make all this possible and I would like to thank everyone for their efforts in making this birthday a really special one. I always wear a Superman T-Shirt for my drives, but this time I really felt I was flying, could be because I was over 1700 meters above ground level. I am humbled.

Amazing pictures clicked by many of you, here's all of it.

Waiting for others to upload their pictures or video in below gallery.

https://carnity.com/gallery/category/12-jabal-jais-31-mar-2017/

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I have no words to describe this beautiful video, it is close to my heart also because you celebrated my birthday in a wow way. I showed the video to my family and my mom asked who makes these videos. I told her it was @Gaurav bhai and she was shocked and amazed. After coming out of the shock she was like it is brilliantly done and wanted to watch more of your work. Well done bro.