•  
Advertise here

Pajero AC light is flashing On and Off

I am having a peculiar problem with my Pajero's AC. While driving, the AC switch suddenly starts flashing on and off, and the compressor stops working. I then have to turn off the engine, restart the car and it immediately starts working for some time. I have been facing this problem over the past few months with the frequency increasing recently. I have also noticed that with continued hard acceleration the AC doesn't turn off that often. It tends to happen more while the car is cruising. One mechanic told me that the AC clutch or something is slipping but I didn't quite understand what he meant.

Any advise or suggestions?

I assume there's enough gas in it? That's the first thing to check. 

I also assume the wiring and plugs are ok?

It is possible there is a clearance issue within the compressor clutch. The only way to be sure is to remove and inspect it. 

• 5 months later...

sometimes the lockup sensor goes or oil on the clutch or the crank damper itself or the compressor is jamming which indicates the ecu that there is difference in rpm of compressor and the engine then the ecu turns off the clutch in order to save the belt from coming out or ripping it apart...

• 1 month later...

Hi, i know im replying late.

but may be it help others having similar problem.

i bought used mitsubishi ASX 2013, it started giving same problem.. AC light used to blink, and then when i switch off and switch on the AC, it used to work good for some time. but after some time (randomly) it used to do same.

I studied it alot then, belt slipping, bad compressor clutch and many other things on internet........

took it to a mechanic here in sharjah... there the problem didnt occur....he asked me to leave the car there, to which i refused...then i asked him to check the AC gas...he said the gas is ok..no problem...then i asked him to check the gas with meter... and guess what...the gas was low...and he drained the gas...and filled again....and Alham dullilah, till date (its been almost 9 10 months), that problem never happned again...even in scrochin heat, the AC works flawless.....

so get ur ac gas checked, coz gas pressure loss in a 2 3 year old car is not uncommon...