•  
Advertise here

Secret Silk Route Drive for Newbie/Fewbie - 7 April 2017

Jazak Allah khair @Abdul Basit Khan bhai, You have a keen eye in seeing the adventurer in me, but as I keep repeating that I am a people person and love to meet new people and make friends. I post drive on Carnity to give people a chance to join, learn, enjoy and see new places. For me without participants like you, there would be no motivation to continue. If you can arrange for a 4x4 it would be an awesome experience to learn a new art, but I would suggest you can still meet us at the meeting point and hop in with one of us. We can drop you on the way back from the trip. Would love to meet you on Friday.

@Kavin welcome aboard pal. Now this drive is looking great with so many fun people. I have a feeling that this is going to be the best trip ever.

• Like (+1) 1

😀 Rahim Bhai I'm IN...

If i managed to arrange 4X4, that would be great, else i will join for sure at meeting point.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/3/2017 at 3:51 PM, Rahimdad said:

Dear friends,

We are blessed to have new routes and challenges every week and the satisfaction of sitting and sharing a meal/snacks/drinks together and laughing over a few jokes or discussing the experience of the drive. Continuing that same spirit I am pleased to announce a secret route which not many people know off, this will include some desert driving which can be managed by all levels. The real secret lies in the route which will lead us to a ghost town through which we can approach our climb on the mountain where a path has been laid just for the known few. The promise when we reach on top is that you will find the climate there at least 4 to 5 degree lower than the temperature on ground level, so if it is 30 degrees down than on top it will be around 25 or 26 degree which is just beautiful. This is a flat, kind of table top surface on which we can lay and enjoy our spread for a few chats and laughs, plus for those shutterbugs there is plenty of beautiful scenes to shoot as well, and if we can adhere to the timings we can get shots both at sunset and by night.

fossil rock.jpg

The beauty of this track is there are several exits, so anybody who would like to do the sand bit alone can do so and head out within 5 minutes to the closest road.

If interested please sign up for this once in a year opportunity.

Friday evening drive:

Date: 07 April, 2017

Meeting point : Adnoc Petrol Station Maleha Road (https://goo.gl/maps/mzb26kxzte72)

Meeting time : 15:30 PM - 9:00 PM

Plan: Lets drive from the petrol station through the silk route to the ghost town and up on top of the mountain to enjoy some cool weather.

Basic recovery equipment such as 2 way radio, flag and air compressor are very important and carry lots of water and some snacks to share on top. Absolute compulsory to bring your stories, sense of humor and willingness to learn and follow instructions during the drive.

1. Rahimdad - 050-6749099
  2. Gaurav - 050 5258706
  3. tamils_siva - 056-6032608
  4. Basel - 050 1090183
  5. Kavin - 056 6442684
  6. Abdul Basit Khan - 055 9635217

1 hour ago, Rahimdad said:

@Abdul Basit Khan I have added your name to the main list, kindly advise your mobile number just in case we need to advise changes or to keep track of all participants.

@Rahimdad sir jee it's 0559635217

I have been very excited for tomorrow but now after seeing so many fast and furious 8 trailers, Im more desperate for next friday movie night. Dam FAF8

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@Gaurav bhai to add to your excitement I can show you some videos from Mighty Car Mods when they visited the garage that brought the Fast and the Furious series cars come to life. They even managed to build a scrap car in to a fast and furious car with only the spares available to them in that garage in about 5 hours. Fast and the Furious 8 is also partially shot in Cuba and the Mighty Car Mods also visited Cuba recently and I was glued to 30 minutes of the car history and culture in Cuba.

What can I say, nothing I would have never said before. Awesome day out with equally awesome people. Waqas, Kavin, Basel, Noor, Tamil Siva, Gaurav and myself formed a formidable team. For the first time we had Waqas bhai in second lead and he did very well. Kavin reached the base of Fossil Rock with 20 PSI which was awesome. Noor despite his see-saw episode completed the track with a huge smile on him. Basel just smiled all the way and kept all of us refreshed with his beautiful smile. Tamil was a real champ returning from the GNFD Liwa 2017, he managed absolutely well. Gaurav bhai ended up as sweep again and kept the convoy moving at a great pace through the desert.

We all managed to reach Fossil Rock and come down the steep end safely and it was good time to begin phase 2. So we started out approach to the ghost town, to my surprise there is now a track running close to the mountain range which takes you directly onto the track up. We all inflated to 25 PSI, although initially Gaurav bhai wanted to catch some natural light but agreed to spend some time inflating. This was time well spent as the track is not as forgiving as it looks from a distance and anybody who is not aware of the trail will just go round in circles and give up. We saw 3 cars trying to come up and were searching for a way for 30 minutes before Gaurav bhai started teasing them with a flashing light from top. After about another 10 to 15 minutes of looking around they just have up and headed back.

Climbing up the mountain was challenging due to narrow paths, some of the pathway had given away due to rains, loose gravel and rocks and some rocks we had to take our cars over due to narrow path. Luckily inflation meant we were high enough to escape from the path unscathed. Once on top everyone enjoyed the experience, loved the view from top and loved the cool breeze which was one of the best feature of this trip. We lay out stuff and started to relax. Thanks to Gaurav bhai who intalled the street lamp for some light while we had some snacks. Kavin and his wife got some lovely pakodas, Waqas bhai got awesome French toast, Gaurav bhai got some brilliant pasta and I was carrying some kiddy stuff. With same cool drinks we filled ourselves over a few laughs. Getting adventurous Gaurav bhai and me walked over a ridge hand in hand as it got narrow enough for just one person to pass through and a steep drop in either side, just for a smoke and returned the same way, the only path available. As we packed up, headed down and through the tracks to some tarmac to drive to the closest petrol station to inflate our tyres and with some long good byes to head back home.

Lovely trip with loving, sharing and caring people. All I know is we still did not have enough and an overnight camping trip is on the cards. But for now we look forward to crossing over to the next weekend for the movie night with Fast and furious 8.

My pictures uploaded in the gallery, waiting to see others picture and video:

https://carnity.com/gallery/category/13-al-faya-sand-and-mountain-7-apr-2017/