Al Qudra Lake | Hatta Dam | Hatta Pools | Jebel Hafeet | Jebel Jais | Jebel Jais zipline | Love Lake Dubai | Musandam | Shawka Dam | Shuweihat Island | Ruwais Beach | Wadi Shawka

Rahimdad

Secret Silk Route Drive for Newbie/Fewbie - 7 April 2017

Dear friends,

We are blessed to have new routes and challenges every week and the satisfaction of sitting and sharing a meal/snacks/drinks together and laughing over a few jokes or discussing the experience of the drive. Continuing that same spirit I am pleased to announce a secret route which not many people know off, this will include some desert driving which can be managed by all levels. The real secret lies in the route which will lead us to a ghost town through which we can approach our climb on the mountain where a path has been laid just for the known few. The promise when we reach on top is that you will find the climate there at least 4 to 5 degree lower than the temperature on ground level, so if it is 30 degrees down than on top it will be around 25 or 26 degree which is just beautiful. This is a flat, kind of table top surface on which we can lay and enjoy our spread for a few chats and laughs, plus for those shutterbugs there is plenty of beautiful scenes to shoot as well, and if we can adhere to the timings we can get shots both at sunset and by night.

fossil rock.jpg

The beauty of this track is there are several exits, so anybody who would like to do the sand bit alone can do so and head out within 5 minutes to the closest road.

If interested please sign up for this once in a year opportunity.

Friday evening drive:

Date: 07 April, 2017

Meeting point : Adnoc Petrol Station Maleha Road (https://goo.gl/maps/mzb26kxzte72)

Meeting time : 15:30 PM - 9:00 PM

Plan: Lets drive from the petrol station through the silk route to the ghost town and up on top of the mountain to enjoy some cool weather.

Basic recovery equipment such as 2 way radio, flag and air compressor are very important and carry lots of water and some snacks to share on top. Absolute compulsory to bring your stories, sense of humor and willingness to learn and follow instructions during the drive.

1. Rahimdad - 050-6749099
  2. tamils_siva - 056-6032608
  3. Basel - 050 1090183
  4. Kavin - 056 6442684
  5. Waqas - 056 1777392
  6. Noor - 
  7. Gaurav - 050 5258706
  • Like 1

Awesome new route from your hidden treasure @Rahimdad. Now even I'm super excited now for the second bit, as I have never seen that area in so many years. 

Clue: is that the same mountain range in backdrop of pic above behind al faya area?

You got it right @Gaurav bhai. But very few people know how to enter the base of the mountain on the track going up. Even I had tried a couple of times driving around the mountain to find zero clues as to how to go up, fortunately one of our common friend Saeed showed me the way last year, and I make sure to visit it again this year so I do not forget the route. Last time I was up there we decided to sit for 1 hour, but ended up spending over 3 hours due to the awesome temperatures on top, when at the ground level it is over 35 degree.

Welcome @tamils_siva Good to see you have an FJ Cruiser, looking forward to seeing you on Friday. Kindly advise your mobile number so that I can add your name to the main list on the first post.

thanks @Rahimdad as i commented in earlier trip plans , i work on fridays so need to take leave and come. since this trip is in second half of the day i thought i will try and make it. 056-6032608

@tamils_siva thank you for your kind effort and gesture. Your name has been added to the main thread and I am looking forward to meeting you on Friday.

• Like 1

Thank you for signing up Basel, there is always a huge space in the convoy for your amazing monster.

• Like 1

Dear Rahim Bhai,

Your are a true explorer, I must say.👍

I would like to join this amazing, exciting journey but unfortunately i have a Sedan car only and can only join On-Road levels. 😕

I'm trying if i can arrange a 4X4 to join you guyz.. 

Dear Gaurav Bhai,

I will confirm my availability by tomorrow evening max. 

• Like 2