•  
Advertise here

Reverse gear problem of Accent 2014

I have an Accent 2014 model. Now I am facing problem with reverse gear.When I am putting reverse gear the full car is jerking heavil

I open the bonnet and find that engine is jerking while putting reverse gear.Also find some small particles in the gear oil.Actually if we are changing the the gear from drive to reverse there is a delay for picking the reverse gear

Please advice

How many kms car driven? Do you have last gear service or change oil record? It still in warranty, then let dealer fix it as it may be very serious job.

If you found the particles in gear oil, then change gear oil and filter at the earliest without driving any further. All you know it may fix the problem, if damage is not much due to stale gear oil. If not gear rebuilding is the only expensive route left. Hope it helps.

If you have been maintaining with dealer then ask them for all the records showing full details and see when they have changed the gear oil last and what is the recommended kms for gear oil change in your owners manual? Does it match correct....?

He has already replied you about the repair of gear is rebuilding only, you cannot fix anything inside without removing the gear box completely outside the car.  Replacing partial parts is not advisable if you plan to keep the car for long, as other part will wear and again after a year or two you have to open the gearbox. So complete rebuild with OEM quality component is the only way out.

So to bite this bullet or not, you need to dig the history and ask why they have not changed the gear oil ever (in case).

Delay in picking gear is def a gear / gear oil issue, but jerking while engaging in reverse could be gear or the engine/gear mountings being damaged. So while eliminating one thing at a time, you will deal with actual root cause of the problem and spend less time and money.