•  
Advertise here

Desert / Mountain drive and overnight camping - 21 - 22 April 2017

That's great @baselsm83, now @habeebafett can also join.

For the desert trip only, join me at 2:15 pm at the Adnoc Petrol Station as per the meeting point shown in the main thread and we will head out and do some desert driving before meeting up with Gaurav Bhai at the second Adnoc Station near Maliha. Anyone who wishes to leave can inflate and head out The rest will continue to the top of the mountain for an overnight camping.

My best experience ever !!! Today was my first desert drive and I enjoyed every inch I moved.. Desperately waiting for more trips in future... Rahimdad, Gaurav, Srikumar.. your skills are awesome   Thank you guys

• Like (+1) 1

Wow, where do i start. Just when you think you have the pulse of what is happening, you are proved wrong.

This trip was posted 10 days in advance to allow more people to be able to join along with friends. However, whether it was prior commitments, work, preference, or whatever the reason but with just 2 days to go and no sign-ups, @Gaurav bhai and myself had decided we would go alone if we had to, but the drive will be concluded. Come Thursday and things changed, we started receiving sign-ups even late in the night. Thank you @Asif Hussain for joining, it was our greatest pleasure to have met you. With @baselsm83 having car troubles on Friday afternoon, I was glad Gaurav Bhai made it to the afternoon session for the desert drive.

All met on time and punctuality on this trip was crucial due to the fact that the second session had to start on time. We moved out an time and reached Muhafiz in no time. A quick deflation and a driver briefing we were headed towards Fossil Rocks. For the first time I had @skumar83 in second lead, so he was just behind me and he did a pretty good job at his newly found position. In a convoy the second lead plays a big role along side the lead and sweep team and Sreekumar nailed it. We went through some easy dunes with a single stuck which was easily recovered. Headed to the Fossil Rocks we came across an awesome dune which I could not pass for a side sloping, so my voice blared on the radio to have a 5 minutes play time with a voice in agreement. I was the first one to head out and had a fantastic run, so good that I decided to go at it again. This was followed by a somewhat good run from Sreekumar, however he had a second go at it and he blew the sand away on his second run. We reached the base of Fossil Rocks and another briefing was given out on how to handle the climb, this was managed well by all. Now the real thing on how to descend from Fossil Rocks which is a very steep grade. Everyone followed the instructions well and we were down and headed to the Adnoc Petrol Station for inflation. Sadly no body joined us for the mountain climb and the over night camping session, so Gaurav Bhai and myself headed out and were on top of the mountain within no time. As we headed up the weather had changed for the better, the breeze was cool and refreshing. With strong winds we lined up our cars in a way where we could put up a tent in between and secure it with our cars. We watched the sunset in awe and ogled over the sights by day time during sunset, we could only thank Almighty God for giving us such natural beauty and the chance to be up there to share this beautiful view. As the sun set and we settled in to our grandpa chairs to relax and have some Aloo Parathas that Gaurav Bhai's wife had so graciously made for us, there was a feeling of calm and relaxation which took over. We sat around chatting for a while until we started feeling hungry again. By this tiem the strong wind had changed in to a pleasant breeze, out came the grill and I started the BBQ while Gaurav Bhai experimented with the night photography with his DSLR. The chicken was done and we both sat down and enjoyed the meal while feeling the temperature had gone down feeling a chill. As we finished our meal Gaurav Bhai checked his all reliable watch to see the temperature had dropped to around 22 degrees and he graciously offered me his Jacket while he rapped up in his blanket to continue our chat. Slowly the jacket had passed on to him and the blanket made it my way and I was all rapped up to protect me from the cold. As we headed deeper into the night the temperatures dropped from a cool 22 degrees to 21, to 20 and final read of 19.9 Degrees. We settled into our tent and I believe we were knocked out as soon as we hit the mattress, however strangely each one of us heard the other snore and we could have sworn that neither one of us slept. The heat of the sun woke us up and we were quickly rapping up the tent and other gear as Gaurav Bhai was heating up the second batch of Aloo Parathas and after a quick bite we were headed down. To take a shortcut I took us through some nice easy and small dunes as we were inflated to 25 PSI. We had a stop at Adnoc near Mahafiz to inflate back to 35 PSI and one last stop at the cafeteria for a tea and we were headed home to catch some Zs on our beds. All in all a wonderful drive and experience with awesome people and food that still leaves a lingering taste in our mouth, I would like to thank all who participated and looking forward to seeing you all more often.

• Like (+1) 3

Totally agree with @Barry that @Rahimdad writing style is so awesome that it resembles a pro journalist that binds person interest in such a way that they mesmerize the moment as if they have been to that drive. +1

The only part where I felt scared was seeing @skumar83 doing a massive sidey for the first time and he pulled it off very nicely and that too times. We spent almost 8 hours talking on top of mountain, and I still feel its short. It was an amazing place to be in but just wind chill factor was a bit too much to turn 20 degrees feel like 15 degrees, secondly too much wind didn't let us sleep at all. Here are my pictures, looking forward to see pics from other cameras:

https://carnity.com/gallery/category/15-tawi-khatimah-sand-and-mountain-21-22-april-2017/

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thank you @Barry and @Gaurav bhai for your kind words. I am a story teller and not everybody likes that trait in me, a lot of people get annoyed that I get a lot of time to get to the point.

Lovely pics @Gaurav bhai and truly the night seemed short as we chatted away and didn't realize how quickly the time passed us by. It was chilly, but thanks to your warmth and your jacket and blanket, the cold was no match for us.

• Like (+1) 1